Other life in the Universe

Timios

Re: Other life in the Universe

Post by Timios » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 pm

What about God Himself and the angels? Or are they outside the universe? Or somewhere within it?

How about Jesus? His disciples saw Him after his resurrection in this world. Is he no longer in the universe?

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:12 pm

God knows. I don't.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:44 pm

mattrose wrote:Personally, I think the Bible was written to humans and the verse in question addresses human concerns.

Dwight speaking: I agree with you, and wondering whether there is other intelligent life out there has long been a concern for many humans, especially scientists and those in the space program. It has crossed my mind many times through the years.

It doesn't speak one way or the other to the possible existence of life on other planets.

Dwight speaking: You may be right. But it clearly tells us that God has not set His affections on anything out there, so if there is intelligent life out there, God has not set His affections on them, at least not in comparison with His people.

I just don't think that is something the verse was attempting to address.
Dwight speaking: While I agree there is not a direct reference to this, I believe the indirect inference is quite clear.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 pm

I also wouldn't say there's a direct reference to this in Deuteronomy 10:14-15, but it does demonstrate how there would be all sorts of odd implications and questions that such life would pose. I don't think there's any other intelligent, physical life in the universe (at least none that would ever cross paths with us).
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Miscellaneous”