Charlottesville, VA Turmoil

dwight92070

Re: Charlottesville, VA Turmoil

Post by dwight92070 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Jesus said that the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Those guilty of violence are the children of the devil. I have heard that more violent protests are planned. Satan wants to bring down this president and our country and that is the motive of the liberal left, but we must call them on it. Generally, their actions have little to do with the issue of slavery. That is just a convenient excuse. What they really want is to separate Trump supporters from Trump himself. Even today, several CEO's walked out on him because of this issue. As usual, the willing accomplices is the media itself. They are so incensed that Trump won, that they are willing to participate in violent behavour where people are seriously hurt and even killed. Obviously, they are trying to associate Trump with the white supremacy crowd.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 am

What an overreaction by the country! Now they want to get rid of all vestiges of our history. The civil war happened and slavery was the reason that it happened. Paul used the statues (idols) of gods in Athens as a teaching tool. Why can't we do the same? If we must get rid of statues and memorials to men who were on the wrong side of this issue, then we must shut down the Democrat party as well. They were the party of the South, Andrew Jackson, and the Ku Klux Klan. They were the party of segregation, the party that opposed civil rights legislation. They were the party that wanted slavery to continue, and they violently opposed anyone who wanted to shut it down.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:13 am

I'm waiting for the call to rename the George Washington bridge, after all he had slaves! Scrub clean Mt Rushmore, Jefferson had more slaves then Washington!

TK

Post by TK » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 am

dont forget renaming Washington DC. Madness.

Is there any truth to the statement: "You cannot judge the actions of yesterday by the standards of today." I believe there is, but maybe this is a point for discussion.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Is there any truth to the statement: "You cannot judge the actions of yesterday by the standards of today." I believe there is, but maybe this is a point for discussion.

Good topic. IMO you can judge yesterday's actions by today's standards but a fair minded person should understand the cultural and legal differences that existed in the past.

TK

Post by TK » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:59 pm

IMO you can judge yesterday's actions by today's standards but a fair minded person should understand the cultural and legal differences that existed in the past.
The last part of your statement is why I think we may be in no position to judge.

For example, by all accounts Stonewall Jackson was an exceedingly devout Christian man-- but he did not seem to have any qualms about slavery- at least not serious qualms. I am sure there were thousands of other deeply religious southerners who felt the same way. Why? Why were the northern abolitionist Christians so right on this issue and the southern Christians so wrong?

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Why were the northern abolitionist Christians so right on this issue and the southern Christians so wrong?
And today why do some who claim to be Christians support the Democrats when the Democratic party so strongly supports abortion? To my mind there is hardly anything more unchristian than abortion. It is a selfish act and if Jesus taught anything it was do not be selfish.

We have a very bright (Phi Beta Kappa) granddaughter who says she is a Democrat. Yet she is devout to the point that she has dumped two young men because they were not serious about Christ. Go figure.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 pm

For example, by all accounts Stonewall Jackson was an exceedingly devout Christian man-- but he did not seem to have any qualms about slavery- at least not serious qualms. I am sure there were thousands of other deeply religious southerners who felt the same way. Why? Why were the northern abolitionist Christians so right on this issue and the southern Christians so wrong?

I think because the bible is also a history books it may be misunderstood to support some historical activities like slavery when it may be just reporting about it. Some Mormons accept polygamy because the bible recorded it as history.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:47 am

None of what is going on has anything to do with slavery. When the Democrats had control of both the Senate and the House they never did anything about statues.

Maybe Nancy Polosi can go over and demand that the pyramids be torn down, as they were built with slave labor.

The Democrats embraced slavery (that's why we had that war) and now they are ashamed of their history so it must be Donald Trump's fault.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

jasonmodar

Post by jasonmodar » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Every predication made by the Party could be shown by documentary evidence to have been correct;
nor was any item of news, or any expression of opinion, which conflicted with the needs of the moment, ever allowed to remain on record
George Orwell, 1984

Return to “Miscellaneous”