Good Christian podcasts/lecture series

Si

Good Christian podcasts/lecture series

Post by Si » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:16 pm

What are some other good Christian podcasts or lecture series that folks here listen to?

I'm 15 lectures into this 28 part series on Amillennialism by Dr. Kim Riddlebarger (see the right side of the page)

http://kimriddlebarger.squarespace.com/

Reformed forum is pretty good, even if you're not a Calvinist:

https://reformedforum.org/

I'm looking to expand what I listen to, so any recommendations would be great!

Singalphile

Re: Good Christian podcasts/lecture series

Post by Singalphile » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks! I'll check those out.

I like (in no particular order) Stand to Reason, the Naked Bible podcast, Theology in the Raw, and the Rethinking Hell podcast. I would link, but I'm on my phone and I'm too slow on it. They come up first if you google them.

They are strong in some areas and weak in others, imo, but all useful.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Si

Post by Si » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Thanks for the recommendations! I am familiar with all of those except Theology in the Raw. I listened to a few Naked Bible podcasts in the beginning of the series, about baptism a couple years ago. I will have to pick that up again, as I have watched several presentations by Dr. Heiser on YouTube and really like his approach.

Si

Post by Si » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks for reminding me of the Naked Bible podcast, I've been listening at work and it's been enjoyable. Dr. Heiser really shows how important it is to get into the worldview and culture of the ancient near east in order to understand the Bible in the proper context, it is amazing how much we can overlook that context without knowing it. I might even skip ahead and listen to his series on Hebrews!

Return to “Miscellaneous”