here a quail, there a quail

_Les Wright

Post by _Les Wright » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:05 pm

Another angle on this that I was thinking about after posting, is..

perhaps the Israelites wanted meat, but didn't want to fellowship with God. It was the fellowship offering, if I remember correctly, that the average Jew (non Priest) would have actually eaten.

Les
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:35 pm

perhaps the Israelites wanted meat, but didn't want to fellowship with God. It was the fellowship offering, if I remember correctly, that the average Jew (non Priest) would have actually eaten.

Well if i remember correctly God wanted to meet every Israelite (fellowship) but i think the people wanted only Moses to go up Mt Sinai to meet God.
Reason:

_kaufmannphillips

Reply to Les

Post by _kaufmannphillips » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:20 am

Hello, Les,
Or perhaps there was another reason that they wanted meat that they wouldn't have to slaughter at the tent of fellowship. If I'm not mistaken, many livestock would have had to have been slaughtered at the sanctuary, but fowl were not so restricted. With the huge number of people in camp, you can imagine what the waiting-line might be like when it came time to prepare for dinner :wink: .

Shalom,
Emmet
Reason:

_kaufmannphillips

reply to steve7150

Post by _kaufmannphillips » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:25 am

Hi, Steve,
Well if i remember correctly God wanted to meet every Israelite (fellowship) but i think the people wanted only Moses to go up Mt Sinai to meet God.
Not exactly an admirable choice - but then again, it's easy for us to look down our noses when God doesn't scare the poopy out of us with thunder and lightning when we go to worship.

Shalom,
Emmet
Reason:

Return to “History”