Dream

paulespino

Dream

Post by paulespino » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:28 am

When my wife's friend has a breast cancer whose name is Gina ( she is now with the Lord ). Their other friend whose name is Angie had a dream, the dream was that Gina visited Angie and in her dream, Gina hugged Angie and told her not to worry because she is now healed. During this time Angie was the only one among their friends who has not visited Gina in the hospital not even once so after the dream Angie visited Gina in the hospital, all of these things happened during the time Gina was still alive in the hospital. Several hours after Angie visited Gina, Gina passed away from her physical body to be with the Lord.

This is a real story which happened last year sometime in October. Did you guys understand the story if not please let me know.

Who gave Angie the dream?
Last edited by paulespino on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

paulespino

Re: Dream

Post by paulespino » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 am

Actually I would like to ask, if Gina's spirit traveled while she was still alive and traveled to Angie's house to tell her that she is now healed or maybe it is God who gave her the dream.

Another question is, what would be the significance of Angie's dream in her life or the live's of others.

Hopefully some of you guys might be able to give an answer .

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:54 pm

I suppose heaven is the ultimate healing. Perhaps the dream was to console Angie had she not found time to visit Gina, since her passing was so imminent.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Thanks, Dizzerner.

But how was the dream possible? Did God sent the spirit of Gina to the sleeping Angie or maybe an angel to tell Angie that everything is going to be alright with Gina.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:13 pm

Paul you're asking someone to explain the supernatural realm? :? Scientists haven't even figured out our natural realm, who can explain metaphysical things? God's Word says he can speak to us in our dreams, and we accept that.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Paul, is there some reason you think it wasn't just a dream? That seems the most reasonable assumption. Certainly God can speak to us in dreams; but it seems that on the very rare occasions when He does, He also gives the unmistakable assurance that it was a message from Him. It's better to concern ourselves with what we already know to be His clear direction, and let Him worry about making clear any further direction He may wish to give us.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Paul, is there some reason you think it wasn't just a dream? That seems the most reasonable assumption. Certainly God can speak to us in dreams; but it seems that on the very rare occasions when He does, He also gives the unmistakable assurance that it was a message from Him. It's better to concern ourselves with what we already know to be His clear direction, and let Him worry about making clear any further direction He may wish to give us.
I think there is a supernatural involve behind the dream. First the deceased said in the dream that she is now healed which conforms to the teaching of the Bible while she was still alive here on earth but about to leave, then the friend visited the sick person ( Gina ), the next day Gina passed away to be with the Lord.

Gregorio

Post by Gregorio » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Hi Paul,
I've seen a number of things like this in friends lives. I've had a couple of similar things happen. God seems to be in the business of comforting us in our lowest states. Psalm 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death. I used to think in my early years that strictly no dead can ever see the living. I remember arguing with my father once who was still Catholic after I had changed and he quoted the scripture that God brought Moses and Elijah(i believe it was) to visit Jesus on the mount of transfiguration. While that was an extreme example there have been stories of people visiting heaven in the bible and in the church since. I think I open to the fact that God can totally let someone say goodbye or see the earth for a glimpse just as when Jesus walked and talked with his disciples and Judas was with him. There are many cases of strange things like Phillip being caught up to meet the eunuch in Acts. I believe my early teaching against the dead ever seeing the living came from well meaning teachers who wished to steer me far away from talking to spirits of so called dead or necromancing and the occult. I am slightly more open now to these possibilities of things like this happening. Jesus is Lord over the living and the dead. ;) blessings Maybe Steve can come up with a few other passages on the subject.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:38 pm

Dreams seem to be our minds way of working through difficult or conflicting issues. You could substitue mind/soul/spirit, as long as you aren't too philosophical on the names. God/The Holy Spirit can use our dreams to help us reconcile these things. Whether we actually see or talk to these people is beside the point. God is letting us rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Return to “General Questions”