What are y'all's plans for Easter?

morbo3000

What are y'all's plans for Easter?

Post by morbo3000 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:33 pm

My wife and I are excited to be on the worship team tomorrow with our congregation. I write study notes for our church's home groups, so I've seen our pastor's sermon notes, and it'll be great! Easter Sunday is the most likely day someone new will be in a worship service, so it's a wonderful time to sugar the gospel. After that, dinner with my family. 5 of my 7 children will be there, along with my parents, sister and her family. Always a good time. As long as no one talks about religion and politics. (Just kidding. That's what we are known for.)

How bout others? What will you be doing resurrection Sunday?

Blessings to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Homer

Re: What are y'all's plans for Easter?

Post by Homer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:33 pm

Church then out to dinner (lunch @ 2:30?) with our sons and families. Two of our grand daughters' boyfriends too; they are Christian boys which I pray God will bring.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:19 pm

For us, this Sunday was no different from any other Sunday.

We attended our church today, as we do any Sunday. There was a resurrection hymn or two along with various other hymns.
The communion (sharing) or the eucharist (thanksgiving) is celebrated in this church every week, and as you know Jesus said, "Do this in remembance of Me."
So his death and resurrection are remembered weekly—not merely annually.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Homer

Post by Homer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 am

The communion (sharing) or the eucharist (thanksgiving) is celebrated in this church every week, and as you know Jesus said, "Do this in remembance of Me."
So his death and resurrection are remembered weekly—not merely annually.
Amen. Every Sunday is Easter.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:30 pm

I preached a 'SonRise' sermon at my home church from 7:30-8am

Then I traveled to another church I work at where I preached the same message (service time 8:45-10am)

Then I traveled back to my home church to catch the end of a church-breakfast (10:30-11am)

Then I took part in the 1st half of the 2nd worship service at my home church (11-11:30am)

Then I taught the 4th-6th graders during "Jr. Church" (11:30-12:30am)

Then I headed over to my mother-in-law's house with my family of 5 for Easter dinner. We did an egg hunt with all the kids. (1-4)

Then we headed back to my home church to get a couple things, back home to change and get another couple things

Then we headed to my other church (mentioned previously) to get ready for its 2nd service (really a church plant we just started called "The Refinery'). We had a guest worship leader so I got her all set up and then had the service (6:15-7:15)

We left there about 8pm and just kinda relaxed for a bit till bed

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:48 pm

My wife and I went to our home church at 10 until about 12. Wonderful message from Ephesians 3, how one of the most important benefits of Jesus rising from the dead was and still is unity among all believers. Went home and had lunch and relaxed for awhile, some reading and some computer stuff. Then I picked up my 92 year old mother and we all rendezvoused at my brother's house at 5 with some cousins and their families for a delicious ham/scalloped potato and roast beef Easter dinner/birthday party for Mom. After dinner we played "Swap", a fun card game. Took Mom home, came home and hit the sack.

Return to “General Questions”