All lives matter?

Clint

Re: All lives matter?

Post by Clint » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:01 am

Paidion wrote:For you to respond with "the well-being of EVERYONE matters" is to trivialize the unfair treatment of the sub-group. You are simply saying, "Every one has problems; why focus on THOSE people?"
Thanks for the response, Paidion. I think this part of the problem of the BLM. Just because it appears to them that someone responding, "all lives matter," is merely trivializing their unfair treatment seems to be an issue with perception, IMO. If someone is understanding my words incorrectly, should that be not addressed? If i say something, and the person I'm talking to misinterprets my words, or applies another meaning, it's not my fault (unless it was unclearly communicated.)

Because of that article, I can see why the statement "all lives matter" is offensive to them. However, the assumption that we are trying to make light of their issues when we say that is incorrect. At least, I'm not trying to minimize their plight... Can't speak for all on this.

God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Thank you for the link to the site, Singalphile. It has enlightened me about a few matters.
Hi Clint, you wrote:Each side is assuming the worst about the other side.
Wouldn't you say that the vast majority of people is not taking sides?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 am

But when that subset of people who cry out "Black Lives Matter" either participate in or support violence against whites, then, yes, they ARE saying that white lives don't matter. Their actions speak louder than their supposed opinions and belie their true beliefs.

Return to “General Questions”