Holding Minority Opinions

Paidion

Re: Holding Minority Opinions

Post by Paidion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

DeGraff

Post by DeGraff » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:42 am

I just discovered this thread...

In the past 5+ years I have questioned and changed my viewpoint on almost everything. It's to the point where I have only a couple of people I can talk with about these things. It would be safe to say that 90% of my church friends believe the following:

• It's impossible to lose your salvation if you have ever said the sinner's prayer
• The rapture will likely happen in our lifetime, followed by the 7-year Great Tribulation
• Hell is eternal/never-ending torture, trillions of years at pain level 10 as proper punishment for a single sin
• The cross was mainly a legal/financial transaction.
• Israel becoming a nation in 1948 fulfilled The Fig Tree leaves Jesus mentioned, triggering the last generation countdown clock.
• America needs to get back to it's Judeo-Christian morals in order to get out from under God's current judgement

I can imagine believers who think Christianity is mainly about the above 6 issues.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:07 pm

I held those beliefs until I was 24, at which time I learned better through reading second-century Christian writings, and thereafter interpreting the proof texts differently.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “General Questions”