New Exodus Movie

darinhouston

New Exodus Movie

Post by darinhouston » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Interesting perspective from a Jew in God's corporate election and corporate wrath. I'm curious how you might respond.

Exodus's Moral Challenge for Jews
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... ws/383611/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homer

Re: New Exodus Movie

Post by Homer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Being a movie made by an atheist I suspect his intent is to undermine and discredit scripture.

Regarding the first born sons of Egypt being killed by God at Passover the Calvinist has an easy answer: God is sovereign and those slain were not elect. For me I think we can attempt to see it from an eternal perspective. Believing in an age of accountability, I expect to see all the innocent Egyptian children in heaven. From there they will look back and see their earthly life and early demise as no big deal at all. And for any responsible Egyptians who died in the events around the exodus there is no difference from a person who dies in any other circumstance. We do not blame God when a person dies in an "ordinary" way at a young age, but it seems to me God always has a "veto" and could have prevented it had He so chosen.

I know there is much more to the subject, but it seems to me Israel was chosen for a purpose as much as a privilege, and when they didn't live up to God's expectations He put the hammer down pretty hard.

Return to “The Pentateuch”