Steve? Have you seen this?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
__id_2620

Steve? Have you seen this?

Post by __id_2620 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:34 am

Have you seen this clip with you in it? It is not very tastefull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpbcJos67Q4

In Christ, Greg
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:52 am

That's the worst thing they could come up with about him? I thought Steve made a good point. 8)
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:53 am

I am not sure what message they are trying to get across, other than that Dave Hunt, Jerry Falwall, myself and others disagree with R.C. Sproul, John Piper, John MacArthur, et al.

What exactly is the point? I guess the fact that the men listed on the Calvinist side are more famous than those on the Arminian side? I find nothing objectionable in that message. All of those guys (on both sides) are a lot more famous than me. Is this supposed to be a disappointment to me? It does not even register on my hierarchy of concerns.

If they were to ask my honest assessment, I'd have to say that the video strikes me as a little bit juvenile, but I doubt if they care what I think about it. I don't think they are lobbying for my endorsement.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

__id_2620

Post by __id_2620 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:09 am

I just did not know if you had seen it yet. It just struck me as in bad taste. Maybe because the way I see White do this type of thing often. Kind of the "the worse I can make my apponent look" ---then I am probably right. If you know what I mean. I have seen him do other things to other guys (AFC ministries), (George Bryson) that are similar, and well I just see it as very unloving, and not brotherly.

I also think you did well on the show today! After, of course his couple of snivvling remarks about time (which he suggested) :lol:

And I completely agree, "Juvenile" would describe it. Just a little heartbreaking from (him) a believer......

I am praying for you Steve, I sure could not do what you do.

In Christ, Greg
Reason:

_Jason Down with the King

Post by _Jason Down with the King » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:53 pm

It strikes me as if they are trying to mock the men that are not on their side.Something tells me that they think they are cool and hip by doing this.

No argument is made! It is as Steve says in his mp3s on the subject: they say "look at these great men that hold our view...are you going to disagree with...them?!"

What does this accomplish? It does not deal with the real issue, it just points fingers at others. It uses a portion in which Steve is being sarcastic. This reminds me of the tactics men use against each other when they are running for office and they make videos to air on T.V before the elections. They look for the dirt on their opponents. James has plenty of his own sacastic moments on the air too. I'm sure we could make a video with the same nature as this. I think it would be more constructive to deal with the real issues. I know James tries to do this on his show.

I know that steve made some jokes about how he would win the debate with James, but that seemed like that was out of good fun (kind of like how you might joke around before a game about how you are going beat a friend badly in a game of cards).

This seems a little low and childish.
Reason:
Satan finally dispaired of tempting Jesus from doing Gods will

Return to “Announcements”