Chat for FBF?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_Rae

Post by _Rae » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Well, I created a PalTalk room. It's called "Family Bible Fellowship". I'm not quite sure how PalTalk works... it seems like just a spiffier AIM. We could try that out and see how it goes and if it doesn't work out then we could try an IRC client.

The thing that seems neat about PalTalk is that we could listen to a sermon or teaching on there and comment on it/discuss it as we listen. I guess like an online bible study.

Anyway, my computer is on most of the time, so it will probably show me as connected most of the time, even though I'm not actually at my computer.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"How is it that Christians today will pay $20 to hear the latest Christian concert, but Jesus can't draw a crowd?"

- Jim Cymbala (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire) on prayer meetings

_featheredprop

Post by _featheredprop » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:20 am

Rae wrote:Well, I created a PalTalk room. It's called "Family Bible Fellowship"...
I downloaded the software Rae, but couldn't find the room you created ...? I probably goofed somewhere along the line ...

dane
Reason:
"God - He'll bloody your nose and then give you a ride home on his bicycle..." Rich Mullins 1955-1997

_Rae

Post by _Rae » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:25 pm

PalTalk now shows an error and shuts down every time I try to open it. Hmm...
Reason:
"How is it that Christians today will pay $20 to hear the latest Christian concert, but Jesus can't draw a crowd?"

- Jim Cymbala (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire) on prayer meetings

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:03 pm

PalTalk can be wonky at times.

I think you have to have the room open in order for it to show up on the list of rooms. I looked for it too, but didn't see it last night.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi Michelle,
and you're right.

Unless someone has the room open...it cannot be found (is as if it doesn't exist).
So what y'all need to do is set up a time & meet.
I can't get in, maybe later this year.

Rae,
Announce where you have the room too (I'm assuming under "Christianity").
Also, do you have Windows 98 SECOND edition or later?
(That's required)....

Have fun, folks
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Suzana

Post by _Suzana » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:27 pm

Here is the link:

PalTalk Family Bible Fellowship

It doesn't come up in search, you have to wade through the pages. When you find it it's best to bookmark it.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:47 am

Good job, Suzanna...and I'm assuming "raeh02" is our Rae (and that you two got the room set up).

I haven't been able to get into Paltalk for about 1.5 years, since they quit supporting Windows 98 FIRST edition. Paltalk also doesn't support Linux operating systems and, if I'm not mistaken, Steve has a Mac...so he couldn't get into it on his own computer (bummer)....

A couple things about Paltalk.
When I was there and had my room, well, be prepared for almost anything. From time to time, Muslims would invade Christian rooms and post the Koran in Arabic quickly, then leave before you had a chance to ban them. (Room Admins have to click on a nick first to ban or bounce people). To "bounce" someone is to kick them out of the room for 24 hours. A "ban" is permanent. Both have to be reported to Paltalk Staff. Other than this, Paltalk has (or at least had) people who like to get involved in really ugly debating of the Ad Hominem kind. They go from room to room posting things on their agenda without asking permission.

For the most part Paltalk folks are pretty cool. Since you and Rae are already in there, you probably know this already. "Brother Gary's Jukebox" is a great room that will play almost any Christian tune. "TTP, (The Theology Program)" is an excellent online learning room. I know the people who run it well: They're Calvinists but really friendly folks. "Bible Trivia Players Having Good Clean Fun" is both fun and a good way to learn the Scriptures. They always have prayer at the end of each session.

I need to get my new computer set up so I can join y'all!
(And if you have any questions, I'll try to help).

Btw, if you have a good microphone you can play lectures through it. (This was how I did it but I have a professional musician's mic). I'm not sure how to play lectures or music otherwise. "Computers and Other Things Help" (I think was the room's name) will assist you with anything along these lines.

I see the room is located under "Christianity." Are you thinking about any certain time to open the room? Many rooms have a certain day & time they meet. Others are open almost all the time, lol.

(I may have my computer up & going in a couple, four weeks). Till then, have fun, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:22 am

I'm on mac -- it doesn't appear to work with mac.
Reason:

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:52 am

Sorry Darin.

My nickname on PalTalk is MrsMu. Thanks for the link, Suzana. I hope we, who are Mac deprived, can get together soon on there...
Reason:

_Suzana

Post by _Suzana » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:45 am

Good job, Suzanna...and I'm assuming "raeh02" is our Rae (and that you two got the room set up).
Rae deserves all the credit - I just posted the link, since I managed to find the room (btw, thanks Rick for instructions how to post links)!

I actually know absolutely nothing about PalTalk, or any other chat room, never before visiting, or being inclined to join; I'm not a naturally chatty person. So I might leave the rest of you to it for now. :)
Reason:

Return to “Announcements”