New Members: Trouble getting activated?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_Steve

New Members: Trouble getting activated?

Post by _Steve » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:35 pm

If you are trying to get your membership activated, and it is not happening. Please email me at s_gregg7225@yahoo.com and I will fix it for you. One of the steps to registration requires a moderator to activate the membership. Unfortunately, I am not automatically notified when someone is trying to register, and I don't know about it unless you contact me. Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't know why things on the web work the way they do. I'm a non-techie.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Hey Steve.

I got "locked out" of the forum once for three months and somehow found Derek's email address and he helped me get back in (I had to delete all cookies, cache, and temp files in all browsers...then reboot).

I don't know if it's still a problem, but my "lock-out" came from using the "log me in automatically each visit." (Btw, I've had this problem on other forums also).

Since I got things fixed I log in manually and advise all new people to make sure they DO NOT use the automatic log-on. AND to log-out manually as well.

It might be the problem for some of these folks now, I don't know....
You wrote:Unfortunately, I am not automatically notified when someone is trying to register, and I don't know about it unless you contact me. Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't know why things on the web work the way they do. I'm a non-techie.
To fix this, you could have a "New Members: Read this First" forum (or board). Then just have the info needed. If possible, make it a "read-only" thread that's at the top of the forums list (so new people can see it). The main thing is get the info to them somehow (to where they can see it), :wink:
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 pm

For the last couple of months, I used the "log me in automatically each visit" and have had no problems with it whatsoever.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

__id_2615

Post by __id_2615 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Rick_C wrote: (Btw, I've had this problem on other forums also).
This would indicate to me that this problem is unique to your computer. That's never happened to me, and I've used the automatic sign-on on other forms quite a bit. What browser/version are you using?
To fix this, you could have a "New Members: Read this First" forum (or board). Then just have the info needed. If possible, make it a "read-only" thread that's at the top of the forums list (so new people can see it). The main thing is get the info to them somehow (to where they can see it), :wink:
Maybe the webmaster can just incorporate such a message into the text of the sign-up screen.
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:47 pm

Actually, the problem Rick describes was a universal one at this forum for a season (it seems like it lasted a few weeks or months, and it was some time ago, perhaps over a year). The problem eventually disappeared—I don't know if we ever learned the cause.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks, Steve.

Jared,
I'm on dialup and get a new IP address every time I log onto the internet. At any rate, I'm gonna keep logging on manually anyway...(I like to browse the threads first), :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

Return to “Announcements”