irc chat

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_joel

irc chat

Post by _joel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:33 pm

I just wanna say that i have enjoyed getting to meet some of yall on the chat channel - i would like to see more of the heavy thinkers get online. The atmosphere is far more friendlier and there are a lot of built in bible lookup features to accommodate our discussions.

-joel

http://theos.org/irc/irc.cgi #discussion
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

__id_2243

Post by __id_2243 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:23 am

I'll second that. I also want to applaud joel's and jarrod's excellent work in setting it up, especially the "bot" program that lets you instantly pull up Bible verses in a variety of translations, dictionary definitions, Google search results, and even stock quotes.
Reason:

__id_2620

Post by __id_2620 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:37 am

Hi All,

If you have not checked out irc chat you really should do so! Or if you have stopped by but not said anything for some reason or another you should stop by again and at least say "Hi" :-)

When you get to the chat room they are passing out hot dogs with all the fixins and sodas! Well, OK, that may be stretching it a bit but we hope to see many of you there.

Greg
Reason:

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Sat May 03, 2008 7:40 am

Have any of you also considered signing up for twitter?

It's a hybrid between a chat channel and a message board. You post comments and people who "follow you" can see them on their own pages and your comments get posted on theirs, etc. As your community grows, everyone sees everyone's comments as long as they follow one another. The best part is that it doesn't "HAVE" to be live. You can pick up conversations that took place when you weren't "online."

I've signed up for a twitter account under the name thenarrowpath (I'll pass it on to Steve if he's interested). I also signed up under darinhouston.
Reason:

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Sat May 03, 2008 9:23 am

hey Darin, I'm on twitter (I'm kind of addicted to it.) My name on there is MichelleMu. I added both of you. hehe
Reason:

_Rae

Post by _Rae » Sat May 03, 2008 10:15 pm

We are going to try to have a time on the irc chat once a week (to start) for everyone who wants to get on and chat about a particular topic, or to talk about prayer requests, etc.... really just whatever comes up. It would be great to get to know you guys in a more real time environment.

As of now, we are going to try to meet on the channel on Monday nights (starting this Monday May 5th) at 10:00pm Central (8:00 Pacific, 11:00 Eastern). That seemed like the best time to accommodate everyone.

Just click on the link provided above and join! To change your name type "/nick" and then a space and then whatever you want your name to be on the channel. It really has been a lot of fun!!
Reason:
"How is it that Christians today will pay $20 to hear the latest Christian concert, but Jesus can't draw a crowd?"

- Jim Cymbala (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire) on prayer meetings

_Rae

Post by _Rae » Mon May 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Hey all!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are on the chat channel tonight if anyone wants to drop by! (See the link in the first post!)

It's really a lot of fun!
Reason:
"How is it that Christians today will pay $20 to hear the latest Christian concert, but Jesus can't draw a crowd?"

- Jim Cymbala (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire) on prayer meetings

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Are you guys still doing this? I got pretty busy for a while and couldn't make it, but the time I did, it was fun. I hope we can do it again.
Reason:

_joel

Irc Chat

Post by _joel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 pm

Michelle wrote:Are you guys still doing this? I got pretty busy for a while and couldn't make it, but the time I did, it was fun. I hope we can do it again.
Hey Michelle,
The site is still running and we have no plans on taking it down, but, there did not seem to be much interest. I am frequently online - so if you join hang around for a while and someone will stop by to chat.

Joel
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:25 pm

I couldn't come before coz I had a 2nd shift job.
In there now, no one else is, I don't think...anyways, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

Return to “Announcements”