Site is working again

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_John

Site is working again

Post by _John » Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 pm

I finally have the site back up. The users table had become corrupted and it took some work to fix it and I believe I didn't restore all of the users. So, you may need to re-create your login. Unfortunately, the spambots are very actively creating new users.
:cry:
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Grace and peace in Christ,
John

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." Rom 8:14

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Wed May 28, 2008 12:22 am

Thanks for your hard work!
Reason:
Hemingway once said: 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for'

I agree with the second part (se7en)

_Rick_C

Re: Site is working again

Post by _Rick_C » Wed May 28, 2008 1:06 am

Thanks from me too, John.
You wrote:I finally have the site back up. The users table had become corrupted and it took some work to fix it and I believe I didn't restore all of the users. So, you may need to re-create your login. Unfortunately, the spambots are very actively creating new users.
:cry:
I don't know anything about it (at all) really, but aren't there "spambot eaters" or something like that? I know the P&P (Parchment & Pen) blog has something along those lines.

Anyways, thanks for rescuing me from, uh, well...chatrooms!
I've been delivered!!! lol
(Without FBFF...I've wondered "What am I s'posed to be DOING with myself?") :shock:

I noticed most of my posts are missing on My Profile.
(Not complaining!)...I had all my "faves" bookmarked, ;)
All is well by me.

Hi Matt.
Y'all Have a Good Day, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Wed May 28, 2008 1:29 am

I have received many emails from users telling me that their posts have been deleted. I don't know what to tell them. I have no idea how these websites work, or why they fail. I have been unable to log-on for about six days myself. I don't know what causes people's posts to disappear!
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Wed May 28, 2008 2:55 am

Hi Steve,

I just tried some "old threads" (I had bookmarked).
They're still "there."
It's just that I can't get to them from My Profile....
(which isn't a problem for me).

Also there were over a thousand "posts since my last visit."
(Methinks it's all of them...old posts...still there).... ;)

Btw, I got a 2nd shift job and can't call you any more.
Thanks so much for your help on TNP! :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Wed May 28, 2008 8:13 am

Thank you John! I appreciate all the work you did to restore the site.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 am

me too- thanks. i was getting the shakes.

it appears that a lot of the recent calvinism debates are gone- at least i think they are.

not sure is specific posts of mine were deleted, but i know i was up over 1000 and now it shows 500 something. oh well.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 am

Thanks John! Any chance we will get back the threads that are missing?
Example: Under Calvinism the discussion about Acts 13:48 is gone, as are many others.

God bless, Homer
Reason:
A Berean

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Wed May 28, 2008 1:46 pm

It appears that we're working from a restore from a month or so ago (well before the Calvinism discussions following the debate). A hint of this is my avatar reverted as did my old email address and old password (which I don't remember).

Fortunately, my work computer must have stored that login information in a cookie or something since it logged in automatically.

You unfortunately require your email address to be current to request your password, and you have to know your password to change your email address, so I'm hoping John can fix me up as I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I, too, am really hoping we can get those recent posts back -- there was some really good stuff (and I hope we don't run off our new friends if they lost their logins).

There must have been some bad mojo going on with data this weekend -- I dropped my computer rescuing my son from certain mortal injury, and my hard drive died with all my personal data (including photos and movies of my son). I'm working on data recovery -- pray for me (and that my wife forgives me for not doing a better backup job).
Reason:

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Wed May 28, 2008 3:09 pm

I tried to logon after John posted the information that the system was restored, but I couldn't understand why I could not logon since the system wouldn't accept my password. After many attempts I gave up, but today I notice several people posted. I tried both my current password and my former password to no avail. So I told the system I "forgot" my password. When I entered the required email address to obtain a temporary password, it stated that this was not my email address. So I entered an old address I no longer use. This was accepted.

I received a temporary password at that address and used it. Then I changed my password. It occurred to me that I'd better change my email address to the current one. But when I tried that, my password was not accepted since it differed from the one stored in the system. It turned out that the one stored in the system had reverted to the temporary one. So I entered that one again, and changed it to my usual password.

I noticed I had no avatar, so I thought since there was a renewal in the system, I'd renew myself also, and begin again with a picture of me when I was two years old.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

Return to “Announcements”