Site is working again

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:55 pm

RickC wrote:2. I've been to the phpBB Group site...(though I know next to nothing about it)... and saw some newer versions than our 2001, 2005 version. Would an "updated version" make any difference or improve this forum?
Sometimes updating a blogging app can cause more difficulty than it's worth -- however, due to the frequency of table corruption, it might be a good idea (or another software altogether such as simple machines forum, smf) since it's likely the code that's corrupting the tables (from my understanding, it's almost certainly related to the blog app's code and not mysql itself, which is quite stable).
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:01 pm

Darin,

I don't really know what yer talking about, :lol:
(I'm no where near as computer savvy as you, and apparently, Pete & John are!).....
Thanks for the reply tho (and check out my last post on "Links" under Announcements...Sorry, the latter could have been a PM), Rick-Out, :)
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Suzana

Post by _Suzana » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:04 pm

Rick_C wrote:2 things.

1. I got an email from FBFF member "Troy C."
Troy wrote:This is Troy C from the narrow path forum. Listen, I can't seem to post on the forum, nor are any of my posts there. Can you see what you can do about this for me?
I didn't really know what to tell him other than trying to re-register. I also told him I'd post this....
Troy,
I think you do just need to re-register. I had to. If you check the memberlist, you will notice it stops at 6 Dec 2006 - everyone that joined after that seems to have been wiped out, that's why your posts are gone.
One good thing: any of our bloopers have also been consigned to oblivion.... :D
Reason:
Sue

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Anyone know how we can email our Calvinist proponents, Bob and JEdwards, to let them know the Forum is back in business? All their posts appear to be gone, so there doesn't appear to be any way to PM them. There are others it would be good to contact also.

Thanks, Homer
Reason:
A Berean

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:49 am

Hi Homer,

I have no idea where them boys are.
Wherever they may be, it surely had to be predes--aaaah! Never mind!

Hello Suzana,

Nice new pic, :)
I emailed Troy what you posted, thanks.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 am

I can't do it, but I suspect they're on the Dividing Line's irc chat channel.
Reason:

_Christopher

Post by _Christopher » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:10 am

I'm glad the site is back up, but that's a real bummer that many of the posts are missing. I wonder if all is not lost though.

John, I think Suzana may be onto something with the mention of the dates of the last users. It appears that the last userid is 979. Suzana is 1105. So it appears that users 980 thru 1104 are missing. I don't know the table structure of this application, but is there any way to insert generic guest users with those numbers so that the posts will at least show up and the threads don't have to appear as nonsense?

Then perhaps some of the identities could be reconstructed by identifying the user number of a post and matching them with the actual person who claims it. This is an oversimplified example (not knowing the table structure) but perhaps a query similar to following might return the missing posts to be identified:

SELECT *
FROM TableNameForPosts
WHERE UserID Between 980 AND 1104

NOTE: This is assuming MSSQL, might have to adjust the query if MySQL is used as I have never used it.

Also, I hate to even suggest it, but since this site passes variables in the URL scope, it may be possible the site could have been sabotaged if there is not security parameters set up in the query to prevent someone from writing extra SQL commands at the end of the URL. I don't know much about .php, but if it's like Coldfusion, it's entirely possible. Perhaps an upgraded version would have that feature.

Grasping at straws here. :(
Reason:
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:02 am

Christopher wrote: SELECT *
FROM TableNameForPosts
WHERE UserID Between 980 AND 1104

NOTE: This is assuming MSSQL, might have to adjust the query if MySQL is used as I have never used it.
I think he mentioned it was Postgresql -- either way, if he could send me an archive of the database, I could play with the tables and see if the data's even there from those posts.
Reason:

_thrombomodulin

Post by _thrombomodulin » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:08 pm

Hello,

A while ago someone contributed a nice description of Daniel 9:27. I've been searching for it, but I can't find it. I think it was once here:

http://www.wvss.com/forumc/viewtopic.php?t=2156

It looks like at least the first post in this discussion has been removed. If anyone (maybe the original author) still has a copy, I would very much appreciate if it could be reposted.

Thanks,
Pete
Reason:

_Christopher

Post by _Christopher » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi Pete,

I know the author and I think I can get that for you. Josh (aka Anochria) is actually the pastor of the fellowship we've begun attending, I'll e-mail him for the article. He was one of the accounts that got lost in the recent crash of the site so it looks like all his posts disappeared.

BTW, have you played around with phpBB at all? If so, what do you think of the suggestion I made about the guest accounts with the old userid's to replace the posts that are lost. I have a feeling they're still there, but without a proper reference to a user so they're just not returning in the query of the threads.
Reason:
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

Return to “Announcements”