Multi-Topics: Audio Links

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_Rick_C

Multi-Topics: Audio Links

Post by _Rick_C » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:49 pm

I didn't know where to post these but figured Announcements would be a good place...and will probably add more lectures later, since I kind of "collect" them, :wink:
(I'm assuming this is an "okay" place to post these (from Steve's POV).

So (Hi) Steve,
If anyone else has some good audio links, may we continue to post them here?
Btw, McDonald's stuff on Augustine & Protestant Reformation I'm quite sure you would like to hear!
---------------

MP3 EWTN, Catholic Answers Live, and MP3 Debates
Has "pro & con Catholic" lectures and debates with Walter Martin, Scott Hahn, etc.
Also, Creation-Evolution and "Existence of God" debates (which I'm not especially interested in, myself).
Other hard-to-find "Historical Jesus (including his resurrection) and Bible Reliability" debates and discussions with John Ankerberg, William Lane Craig, Gary Habermas, Craig Evans, Craig Blomberg, Mike Licona, Bart Ehrman, J.D. Crossan, Elaine Pagels, etc. (The Ankerberg links and William Lane Craig Debates are excellent)!
---------------

From a "modern-day Gnostic perspective": 20 (or so) free lectures are available @
Gnostic Society: Web Lectures Page.
(The blue ones in the left column and all that are above "Other Lectures Available in the New Catalog:").
Stephan Hoeller and his theology have been discussed (some) @ FBFF here.
---------------

(This one is also linked to @ my first link, (above):
From Mike Licona's Risen Jesus site:
Description:
On March 26, 2005, New Testament historian Mike Licona and Princeton distinguished professor of religion Elaine Pagels discussed the historicity of the resurrection of Jesus on The Ron Insana Show (37 minutes).
Not just the resurrection of Jesus from alternate (Gnostic and non-Gnostic) viewpoints; their theologies are discussed and debated as well.

Dr. Richard Bauckham on "Gospels" (canonical and non-canonical)
Description:
November 14, 2007, Dr. Richard Bauckham at WSC
The Westminster Students Association had the honor of inviting one of the world's leading New Testament scholars, Dr. Richard Bauckham (Ph.D., Professor of New Testament at the University of St. Andrews) to give a free lecture entitled "The Four Gospels and the Other Gospels: Is Our Canon Right?"
Bauckham discusses the dating and content of the Gnostic, as opposed to, Canonical Gospels. He "proves" (to my satisfaction anyway) that the Canonicals predate the Gnostics, and demonstrates how the latter were, in some sense, "dependent" upon the former.

Darrell Bock Audio Interview: Apocryphal Gospels
Description:
In this interview, Dr. Darrell Bock discusses the recently discovered "Missing Gospels" - Gospels of Thomas, Gospel of Peter, and Gospel of Judas. Dr. Bock is Research Professor of New Testament Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary.
This goes into the dating of the Gnostic Gospels, an introduction to NT Apocrypha, and critiques of various popular "Jesus books" and television specials (Da Vinci Code, etc.).
---------------

Orthodox Church History by an EO guy, and former Baptist, named Jeff McDonald. An excellent source on things about Early Fathers, Councils, Gnosticism, Augustine and Calvinism.

"Augustine of Hippo" and "The Protestant Reformation" are especially relevant Calvinist/non-Calvinist issues. Highly recommended to augment Steve's lectures on Church History.

McDonald does a general "bio" of Augustine as well as demonstrating how Augustine introduced a new way of "doing theology" in the Church: namely, that of importing Greek philosophy and philosophical categories. McDonald also shows how the Orthodox Church has similarities in approach with "non-Calvinist Protestants" in that they do not import (deterministic) philosophy "over and into" theology. (Btw, it should be noted that EOs share only some similarities with non-Calvinists; EO and Protestant differences remain).

On several layers of thought, McDonald's EO perspectives are very insightful and "a different perspective than we usually hear" (in Protestant discussions).
----------------

Thanks & enjoy, :)
Last edited by _Rich on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Post edited to remove offending remark....

Upon reflection, I recognize the manner of my humor may not be appropriate here -- I made a statement that made humor at the expense of Michelle -- please accept my apologies if I offended you, Michelle. It was probably an inappropriate remark.

Darin
Last edited by _mikenatt on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi Darin,

I've linked to the audio pages rather than just giving a direct link to them.
(This way you have to go to the page to get the audio)!

I don't know how to make a direct-link to get an audio (and wouldn't do it if I could). Reason being: People should be able to "see what they are getting" beforehand, imo, anyways....

You'd like Jeff McDonald's stuff, imo (re: Calvinism & Non)....
Have a good evening, :)
Last edited by _Rich on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Michelle

Post by _Michelle » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 pm

:roll: :oops:
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:07 pm

Dialogue at Duke-- Paul and Women:
Ben Witherington III and J.A. Levine

Description:
Ben W. wrote:Dr. A.J. Levine and I last night, (April 7th, 2008), at Duke Divinity School had a cordial and enjoyable dialogue on the much belabored subject of Paul and Women. The audio, and perhaps also the video will soon be posted on the website of the Duke Socratic Club. Here is the link to their blogspot.
I thought Matt would be especially interested in this, as the Wesleyan Church has just elected its first woman GS (General Superintendent).
(Matt's recent post): Wesleyans Elect First Female GS

I heard the Witherington-Levine discussion once. As I recall it from a few weeks ago...it's interesting...and touches on other topics, such as spiritual gifts and exegesis of pertinent and related NT passages. Thanks, :)
Last edited by _Rich on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Announcements”