Two hours a day of The Narrow Path???

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:01 pm

One good thing about the bible belt is that if you can target them with your refreshing views of Scripture, you might be able to expand your perspective through their own ministries. I suspect in Cali, you're reaching ministries of one or a few (at a time) for the most part.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Jason Down with the King

Post by _Jason Down with the King » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:34 pm

I think extending the Narrow Path to other radio stations would be better for the ministry, it would hopfully bring in lots of new listeners and Lord willing, more support, which in turn could help to add even more stations in the future.

That being said the second hour could be really interesting to see if there if flexibility to be creative if there are not as many callers,
I would love to hear more apologetics by Steve, I wish more Athiests would call in and raise objections and have a format setup like that,
or even debates within the Body, like Dispinsationalism.
Reason:
Satan finally dispaired of tempting Jesus from doing Gods will

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:11 am

Jason' makes a good point -- a second hour that is a different format (maybe guests or discussion or something) would be good -- otherwise, it's an incremental increase in quantity -- basically, I still prefer broadening the audience, but expanding the format might be interesting, too.
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:13 am

One drawback is that the second hour will compete with Hank's program, and listeners may not want to miss his program for just another hour of TNP. Also, the money needed to purchase a second hour might better be spent purchasing time on another station.

But the advantage may be that there should be a built in listener base in this time slot expecting a Christian format show so this could reduce the risk and perhaps the show could pay for itself quickly.
I suspect Hank's listeners would warm up to Steve and if Hank cancelled the show how would Steve be competing with Hank?
Reason:

_Malachy

Post by _Malachy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:26 pm

I would go with another station.
Reason:

_featheredprop

Re: Two hours a day of The Narrow Path???

Post by _featheredprop » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:23 am

Though I am in favor of both options (2nd hour or new station), I would cast my vote for the latter if asked to choose.

But I think what I'd really like to see is more "debate" styled shows. I think that I benefit most when opposing views are displayed and contrasted. The question/answer format is great - and I learn a lot from it - but the debates are generally very probing and challenging. I know Steve doesn't have the time to set these up, so I guess we just have to enjoy them when we can.

peace,

dane
Reason:
"God - He'll bloody your nose and then give you a ride home on his bicycle..." Rich Mullins 1955-1997

_livingink

Post by _livingink » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:12 pm

Steve,

I tend to count the cost before building a tower. Could you give us an idea of the cost of the additional hour both in Salinas and in another potential area? I do not know how ministries measure which cities to broadcast from so I am curious whether the reasons for BAM discontinuing can be known. You gave us a breakdown awhile back when you added a station and maybe we could make a better decision if we had some numbers now.

Also, I'm sure the added hour could be more physically taxing for you personally so I'd also ask that we keep that in mind when we ask you to do another hour anywhere.

Kind regards,

Mark
Reason:

_darin-houston

Post by _darin-houston » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:16 pm

If not "debate" style, interviews and dialogues / "discussions" with folks of other views would be good, or even use it one day a week to guest on other shows and replay them during that hour. There are also a few notable callers that could do a whole show with Steve, I think, on ocassion. Just a few ideas.
Reason:

Return to “Announcements”