Accepted to Lee University

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:26 am

Troy,

I got your PM and see you're already in Cleveland, TN now.

I asked my mom about the "big 10 commandments." She was correct that it is maintained by The Church of God of Prophecy, also headquartered in Cleveland, TN. She wasn't sure, though, so I googled it (click):

"Fields of the Wood" (World's largest 10 Commandments)
is in Murphy, NC, near the TN border. It's just a 'tourist thing' and I apparently remembered it as being in Cleveland. Amazingly, perhaps, I remembered almost exactly what it looks like (though it's not made with big stones). I was about 7 when we went to Lee College and saw "Fields of the Wood."

When I went to CBC I was on their "work-study" program. I cleaned the classrooms in the afternoon. Most of the money went toward my fees. I could keep "so much" for myself. LU probably has a similar program.

One disadvantage of this was it got into my study-time: e.g., I had to drop Greek because I didn't have enough time to study for it (I had about 16-18 hour long days). I also missed out on a lot of organized activities and fellowship because we had to work some evenings and Saturdays (waxing floors, etc.). If I had it to do over; I could have lived with my folks to save up enough pay for college so I wouldn't have to work while there, etc. They did let me live with them in the summers to save up. But it wasn't quite enough.

My parents' social class was raised to "pay your own way." It didn't occur to them to help pay for my college, outside of letting me live with them during the summers to save-up, though they had the money. Their church was also "anti-intellectual" and they were too. (I don't think they fully supported my going). At any rate: What's done is done....

I hope you find time to keep in touch with we FBFF folks.
Do you feel called to any specific ministry? (when you find time)....
God bless you in your studies, :)
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:49 pm

SoaringEagle wrote:Brody,

That is an invitation that not only amazes me (the ideal of the love of the brethren spoken of in 1 John being lived out in the actual), but is one that I most likely will take up. For my junior and senior year, I hope to intern at Free Chapel in Gainesville, GA. This will be for the summer of 2011 and 2012. In all likelyhood, me and you will get to hang out in the future!

Suzan, Michelle, Murf, Homer, thank you for the kind words and thoughtful prayers. I have a prayer request as of right now. My financial aid is not complete, and I need to come up with about 350-400 dollars in two days. I will need this to combine with the loans I am guaranteed to get to pay 40% of my tuition. Please pray that God would move upon the hearts of the people I plan to ask for help.

Thanks everyone. --Troy
Sounds good Brother! We can't wait to have you here. I will send you a Private message with my cell number, and feel free to contact me anytime you wish.

God bless.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_AARONDISNEY

Post by _AARONDISNEY » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Cool. Sounds great, Troy.

I am a member of the Church of God and have been all my life. I've only been to the Lee Campus once, about two years ago, at a Church of God "Life Builders" conference at the Cleveland Church.

Don't know much about the University, but I highly recommend the denomination! :D

God bless ya, bro!
Reason:

Return to “Announcements”