Pictures at FaceBook

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Joan

Re: Pictures at FaceBook

Post by Joan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Joan wrote:Hi! My son Geran opened an FB page for me a couple years ago but I've resisted until lately. I think Geran posted in my name a time or two (to be funny) but otherwise, it just sat there. What changed my mind was a desire to stay in closer touch with my grown children and a couple older friends I'd lost contact with, and, yea! it's also a way to connect with extended family, some of whom I barely know. What a great mission field!! I'm barely there and haven't posted much yet but I've had wonderful opportunities to connect with friends and extended family members in private conversations, and I'm loving it.

On a side note: I recently realized that one by one, I have unintentionally eliminated family members from my wall by "cleaning up" a few less-than-savory comments to keep my page kid-friendly. (How do the rest of you deal with that?) It seems that when I hide someone's comments, however, that the contributor goes away and never comes back. Oops! I've looked through my settings to try to reinstate them into my good graces, but can't figure it out. Can anyone help me with this? If you don't see my older children (Lisa, Jenica, Geran) on my wall when you come to visit, you'll know I've yet to figure it out (funny that it should be MY children I've had to put in the corner, and not anyone else's. Normally they are such good children). I had to laugh, Darin, at your comment about FB's usefulness in verifying the maturity level of babysitters. Apparently that applies to one's children, as well.

I just looked to see if I have any pictures posted. Not many. What is there, my 11-year-old posted. I added labels so you'll know what you're looking at, but there isn't much to see. I'll work to upload photos sometime soon. Or borrow from other family members, who have posted huge albums from which to steal. Better yet, assign it to my 11-year-old! If you find more than 8 or 10 pictures you'll know Emily is the one to thank. I don't know how to access the original account so there are now two of me out there. One that answers, and one that doesn't, so you could choose based on how long a conversation you want to have. I don't know how to direct you to the right FB page but my FB name is Joan Kartak Adams. I'll also connect with Ronee so you can find me there. I hope you'll be my friend!

Joan

Joan

Post by Joan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Not successful finding your FB page, Ronee, but I was able to go straight to Sean's page, and applied for friendship there. This is fun. It reminds me of childhood games, racing around the backyard. Tag! You're It!!

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Joan wrote:....On a side note: I recently realized that one by one, I have unintentionally eliminated family members from my wall by "cleaning up" a few less-than-savory comments to keep my page kid-friendly. (How do the rest of you deal with that?) It seems that when I hide someone's comments, however, that the contributor goes away and never comes back. Oops! I've looked through my settings to try to reinstate them into my good graces, but can't figure it out. Can any of you help me with this?....
Joan
I think it depends on what you did to eliminate them...if you removed them from your friend list, you will have to apply to befriend them again I think.
You may just have hidden them via the comment stream, in which case you can "unhide" them: scroll down to the end of the posts page, there should be "edit options" link - you will see if they are there in the 'hide' box - if so, you can re-instate them (click on the x next to their name).
As for your double identity - if you log in with the one you don't want to keep, you should be able to de-activate it or remove it - go to 'account' (top of page), then help centre, there are instructions there.
Hope you can follow all that...I'm not an expert, mainly operate thru trial and error! :)
Suzana

Joan

Post by Joan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Suzana, Looks like I'd hidden a dozen or more contacts!! I'd actually touched on that link at one point but didn't realize I'd hidden so many, so went no further. I didn't think that was the place to fix things. I didn't know how bad it was. Laughing. What does that SAY about me, hmmmm?? But all better now.

The duplicate page isn't as easy to fix, since it doesn't recognize me when I try to log on. Geran might have created a gmail or yahoo email address just for that, but I don't have it now. It doesn't seem to be a problem, except that it could appear that I am being rude toanyone who attempts to contact me there. They should be able to see my alternate address, though, so it's probably not an issue. Now that I think about it, some people might prefer a quieter me, anyway.

Thanks Suzana!
Joan

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:37 pm

You're welcome Joan, glad it worked. As for the 'less-than-savory comments', I have learnt to just ignore them (after the initial wince) - I come across them only occasionaly, and it is no worse than out in the real world - and the comments disappear from view soon enough. To hide or not to hide...I guess it depends on whether you prefer to keep in touch with your friends and family in this way, or keep a pristine wall space! May be a bit trickier if you have young children exposed to it.
Suzana

Joan

Post by Joan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Good point. Methinks I shall draw the line a little further out!

: )

glow

Post by glow » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Well on this site I have gone by the name glow.SO to all you facebook users, you can find me under Deb king Edwards. Hope to see you drop by!!

Return to “Announcements”