Acts Series

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
thrombomodulin

Acts Series

Post by thrombomodulin » Sun May 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Steve,

You taught through acts in a very lengthy series some time ago - perhaps over a year ago already. As far as I know, this was recorded but never distributed via mp3's online. If available, I would like to listen through this set of mp3's. Are you going to make these available online? Or, is the set on thenarrowpath.com/bible.html a better version to listen to?

Thanks
Peter

steve

Re: Acts Series

Post by steve » Sun May 10, 2009 6:59 pm

The newer series was never posted because it was incomplete. There are 54 lectures (minus about 3 individual lectures that did not get properly recorded), which only cover the first 20 chapters. The remainder of Acts was taught, but not recorded because there were too many equipment (or operator) failures in recording, and the series had too many gaps in it to take it seriously as a complete set.

The lectures were obviously more thorough (or perhaps only more verbose) than the older set. They were taught less efficiency than the set recorded at the school, because the new set were taught once a week. Whenever I teach a weekly series, I always feel the need to "recap" material from the previous lecture(s) for the sake of people who were not present the week before, or simply because there has been a week interim during which information can be forgotten, and flow has been interrupted. What this means is that the first twenty minutes or so (a quarter of the lecture) is used in summarizing or recapitulating old material. This is not a very efficient way to cover a book for those who will be lidtening to the whole recorded set without the week-long gap between lectures.

If you want the set as it exists, I will send it to you on mp3 CDs, upon request. The lectures are pretty good, in my judgment, but incomplete as a set.

thrombomodulin

Re: Acts Series

Post by thrombomodulin » Sun May 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks for explaining and the offer to send the material For now, I think I'll chose to listen to the older set.
Peter

Return to “Announcements”