update on my appearance on History Channel

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

Re: update on my appearance on History Channel

Post by steve » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:01 pm

I expect the production company to send me a DVD of the episode that I am on.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Oh, man, I hang my head in shame. :oops: I have cable, and I have a 40" high def tv. I'll be watching with every detail sharp and well defined. ;)

steve

Post by steve » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Oh, man, I hang my head in shame. I have cable, and I have a 40" high def tv.
Sinner! I can't believe we allow your type to participate here!

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:55 pm

steve wrote:
Oh, man, I hang my head in shame. I have cable, and I have a 40" high def tv.
Sinner! I can't believe we allow your type to participate here!
I know, I know!

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:11 pm

Well I do have a 37" HDTV but I only watch crystal clear, digital over the air free broadcasts. ;)

So your not completely alone Michelle. :mrgreen:
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

mikew

Post by mikew » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:08 pm

steve wrote:I receieved this notice from the producers of the documentary for which I was interviewed:

"The "Nostradamus Effect" will premier on the History Channel on Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 at 9:00pm (8pm Central)!! The first episode of the series is about Nostradamus' prediction of the 3rd Anti-Christ, and each subsequent episode will deal with a different philosophy/philosopher."

I don't know if these segments will be aired at one-week intervals, which seems likely, but the one about the Book of Revelation, which includes my interview, was episode #8.
I'm waiting to find out if they charaterize you as a disciple of Nostradamus.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

AaronBDisney

Post by AaronBDisney » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:59 am

Sean wrote:Well I do have a 37" HDTV but I only watch crystal clear, digital over the air free broadcasts. ;)

Same here! Except I have a 45" HDTV. I got rid of cable a couple of years ago, not so much for Christian purity ,but because money was short. I hated it at first. Now I don't really even want it back. I've become re-sensitized to foul TV material. Especially with a 4 year old around the house.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:51 pm

AaronBDisney wrote:
Sean wrote:Well I do have a 37" HDTV but I only watch crystal clear, digital over the air free broadcasts. ;)

Same here! Except I have a 45" HDTV. I got rid of cable a couple of years ago, not so much for Christian purity ,but because money was short. I hated it at first. Now I don't really even want it back. I've become re-sensitized to foul TV material. Especially with a 4 year old around the house.
We only let our 4 year old watch recorded stuff on Tivo and even that has to be REALLY guarded - we don't even turn on the broadcast or cable tv when he's awake for fear of commercials, etc. -- it's amazing what we've sheltered him from. Even the "ads" and promotional stuff shown at church freaks him out -- it's all wild and high energy, and he's just not used to that. We've been dealing with sleep and behavior issues ever since he attended VBS, for example, which had a very theatrical production quality to it with pirates and "bad guys" etc. to teach (albeit good) lessons on evil but it should have been limited to a much older audience and give the preschoolers playdough or something. I have no qualms about our sheltering of him except that he is very adversely affected when he sees stuff he isn't used to, and he's having trouble processing some of the preschool playground concepts such as kids playing "star wars" and "pirates" etc (used to be cowboys and indians). I'm a bit troubled that he often seems to prefer to play the "bad guy" in play but I pray and hope it's just a common 4 year old thing when processing disturbing or foreign concepts.

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:00 pm

darinhouston wrote:I'm a bit troubled that he often seems to prefer to play the "bad guy" in play but I pray and hope it's just a common 4 year old thing when processing disturbing or foreign concepts.
It's probably a very common adventurous boy thing.
We didn't have a TV till I was a teenager, but I read books. Any book I could lay my hands on...including the ones dad borrowed from the library for himself; I think I read half the Zane Grey westerns by the time I was ten. (I can't remember now whether we were allowed or if my sister and I sneaked them - some would have been quite disturbing I'm sure).
So one day I was out in the garden playing Cowboys and Indians, and attacked the cabbage patch with the kitchen knife - one clean swift cut through the top...you could hardly see the line afterward, and how was I to know the cabbages would all split open the next day & be utterly ruined???! Man did I get into trouble.
But I did grow up to be quite peace-loving nevertheless!
Suzana

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Haha -- good one Suzana, and thanks for the encouragement. I'm not "that" worried about it, and what's funny -- he seems to have no problem with books -- even Narnia has some pretty scary stuff in it, but he's protected by the extent to which his imagination can take him when we read books (I guess the imagination is limited in some respects to extrapolating on what has already been experienced). Moving and other images just have a very different impact on the brain, I think (for men especially).

Return to “Announcements”