SUNDAY NIGHTS—NEW RADIO PROGRAM on internet

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

SUNDAY NIGHTS—NEW RADIO PROGRAM on internet

Post by steve » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Here is the announcement as posted at my website:

SUNDAY NIGHTS—NEW RADIO PROGRAM: “The Road to Find Out”

Steve now hosts an additional program on secular talk radio (directed toward non-Christians), called “The Road to Find Out.” This airs on KSCO, AM 1080, in Santa Cruz. Time: Sundays, 7:00 PM PST. You may be able to listen live on your computer…

KSCO has simplified their website, so that you can simply go to http://www.ksco.com and click "Listen Live."

Jason

Re: SUNDAY NIGHTS—NEW RADIO PROGRAM on internet

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:35 am

This is a great idea, Steve - I'll definitely be listening to this one! I'd also exhort you to stay humble, as your audience will be filled with college students and we both know that first year academy students know everything in the universe. :lol:

christopher

Post by christopher » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 am

What a great outreach! Thanks Steve for helping to keep Christian apologetics at the forefront of the public square.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:36 am

Though the show will be caller-driven, like The Narrow Path, I am going to have a guest on the first program to "prime the pump." She works at KSCO and is an atheist.

When I first walked into the KSCO offices, the lady at the front desk said, "You have fans here!" I had no idea what she meant, but her dog walked up and sniffed at me, so I said, "Fans? Who? The dog?" She said , yes, but that there was another fan who worked in the back of the building. I was introduced to everyone in the building, but first they took me into the back to meet this atheist.

She is, in fact, a fan of The Narrow Path. She said she listens to it every day at her lunch break. When she had heard rumors that I might have a show on KSCO, she talked to everyone at the station about how exciting that was (now the general manager has tuned into The Narrow Path a few times). Later, she emailed me and offered to be on my opening program, to help get things started. While I am hoping for unbelievers to call in right from the start, I thought having an atheist right there on site might be a good way to guarantee that there would be controversial conversation, if calls are sparse. I don't know how intellectual this lady is, or how well she can defend her position, but she seemed fairly confident, so I agreed to have her on the first show.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:28 pm

What an interesting novel idea and format! A Christian willing to engage the secular world in a dialogue and thankfully we have the right Christian.
I will be looking forward to hearing it.

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:24 pm

I'd like to call in just to ask your guest why an athiest would listen to The Narrow Path.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:04 pm

I am intending to ask the same question.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 pm

This sounds great Steve. I will certainly be listening.

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:27 pm

Your Sunday will be my Monday, in the middle of the day, and I’ll be at work.
So I hope someone will be kind enough to post a bit of a report on how the show went!
Suzana

steve

Post by steve » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Suzana,

I am aghast at your skewed priorities! Imagine choosing work over listening to a netcast!

I hope to get recordings of the show to post at our website.

Return to “Announcements”