looking for an old post by Steve

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Troy

looking for an old post by Steve

Post by Troy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:26 am

I am looking for a post Steve gave a couple years ago (at the latest) on a believer marrying an unbeliever. My brother is considering marrying a woman who no longer is a Christian, and Steve gave some pretty powerful advice on 2 Corinthians 6:14. Could someone please find it for me asap?

Thanks.

Suzana

Re: looking for an old post by Steve

Post by Suzana » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi Troy,

Here is another thread on the same topic:

http://www.theos.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 926#p25524
Suzana

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:54 pm

I've been offline for more than a month now... I'm just finally getting time to get back to the forum today. My wife and I moved from Michigan to Indiana around thanksgiving, and so our Nov/Dec was fully occupied with moving, selling the home, and usual Christmas time shopping, etc,.

The site haliku.merseine.nu has been offline for a while now due to the move. When I boxed up my computer, it was the end of the site. I should be able to re-establish it again, now that its out of the box. However, it will probably require the IT support of my employer. I now work from home, and they control my router. However, it would be better to modify it so that it becomes a feature of this forum. I'll have to work with Jarrod on this.

Peter

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:29 pm

thrombomodulin wrote:I've been offline for more than a month now... I'm just finally getting time to get back to the forum today. My wife and I moved from Michigan to Indiana around thanksgiving, and so our Nov/Dec was fully occupied with moving, selling the home, and usual Christmas time shopping, etc,.

The site haliku.merseine.nu has been offline for a while now due to the move. When I boxed up my computer, it was the end of the site. I should be able to re-establish it again, now that its out of the box. However, it will probably require the IT support of my employer. I now work from home, and they control my router. However, it would be better to modify it so that it becomes a feature of this forum. I'll have to work with Jarrod on this.

Peter
I sure miss that index -- is it available somewhere else? How's it configured? It's a pretty low-bandwidth thing - I could probably get it working on my end.

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:16 pm

I sent a message to Jarrod last week to ask about setting it up server side. I haven't gotten a reply from him yet.

There are two main parts of the code that are important, and the rest is just bookkeeping.

First, the code is simply to match the following patterns against post texts, then output a list of the matches in as suitable format - I did so as HTML pages, with cells being the matched text, the author, and post title, with "a href" link back to the appropriate place on the forum.

I could send the whole of the code, but it is in some ways specific to the old forum at http://www.wvss.com/forumc

Code: Select all

struct regex_s {
  char         *pattern ;
  int           book_id ;
#define MODE_BOOK    0x001
#define MODE_CHAPTER 0x002
#define MODE_VERSE   0x004
  int           mode_submatch ;
  regex_t       preg[1] ;
  } books[] = {
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]revelation *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_REVELATION     , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]rev\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_REVELATION     , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]jude *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_JUDE           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]iii *john *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_3JOHN          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]3 *john *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_3JOHN          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *john *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_2JOHN          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *john *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_2JOHN          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *john *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_1JOHN          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *john *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_1JOHN          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *peter *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_2PETER         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *peter *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_2PETER         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *peter *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_1PETER         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *peter *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_1PETER         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]james *([0-9]+)"                      , BOOK_JAMES          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]hebrews *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_HEBREWS        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]heb\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_HEBREWS        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]philemon *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_PHILEMON       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]phil\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_PHILEMON       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]phil\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_PHILEMON       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]titus *([0-9]+)"                      , BOOK_TITUS          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *timothy *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_2TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *tim\\.* *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_2TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *timothy *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_2TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *tim\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_2TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *timothy *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *tim\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *timothy *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *tim\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1TIMOTHY       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *thessalonians *([0-9]+)"          , BOOK_2THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *thess\\.* *([0-9]+)"              , BOOK_2THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *thes\\.* *([0-9]+)"               , BOOK_2THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *thessalonians *([0-9]+)"           , BOOK_2THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *thes\\.* *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_2THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *thessalonians *([0-9]+)"           , BOOK_1THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *thes\\.* *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_1THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *thessalonians *([0-9]+)"           , BOOK_1THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *thes\\.* *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_1THESSALONIANS , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]colossians *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_COLOSSIANS     , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]col\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_COLOSSIANS     , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]philippians *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_PHILIPPIANS    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]phil\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_PHILIPPIANS    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ephesians *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_EPHESIANS      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]eph\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_EPHESIANS      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]galatians *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_GALATIANS      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]gal\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_GALATIANS      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *corinthians *([0-9]+)"            , BOOK_2CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *cor\\.* *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_2CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *corinthians *([0-9]+)"             , BOOK_2CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *cor\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_2CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *corinthians *([0-9]+)"             , BOOK_1CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *cor\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *corinthians *([0-9]+)"             , BOOK_1CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *cor\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1CORINTHIANS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]romans *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_ROMANS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]rom\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_ROMANS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]acts *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_ACTS           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]john *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_JOHN           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]luke *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_LUKE           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]mark *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_MARK           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]matthew *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_MATTHEW        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]matt\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_MATTHEW        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]malachi *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_MALACHI        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]mal\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_MALACHI        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]zechariah *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_ZECHARIAH      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]zech\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_ZECHARIAH      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]haggai *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_HAGGAI         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]hag\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_HAGGAI         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]zephaniah *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_ZEPHANIAH      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]zeph\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_ZEPHANIAH      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]habakkuk *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_HABAKKUK       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]hab\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_HABAKKUK       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]nahum *([0-9]+)"                      , BOOK_NAHUM          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]micah *([0-9]+)"                      , BOOK_MICAH          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]jonah *([0-9]+)"                      , BOOK_JONAH          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]jon\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_JONAH          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]obadiah *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_OBADIAH        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]amos *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_AMOS           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]joel *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_JOEL           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]hosea *([0-9]+)"                      , BOOK_HOSEA          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]daniel *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_DANIEL         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ezekiel *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_EZEKIEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]eze\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_EZEKIEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]lamentations *([0-9]+)"               , BOOK_LAMENTATIONS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]lam\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_LAMENTATIONS   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]jeremiah *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_JEREMIAH       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]jer\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_JEREMIAH       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]isaiah *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_ISAIAH         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]isa\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_ISAIAH         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]songofsolomon *([0-9]+)"              , BOOK_SONGOFSOLOMON  , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]sos\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_SONGOFSOLOMON  , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ecclesiastes *([0-9]+)"               , BOOK_ECCLESIASTES   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ecc\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_ECCLESIASTES   , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]proverbs *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_PROVERBS       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]prov\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_PROVERBS       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]psalm *([0-9]+)"                      , BOOK_PSALM          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ps\\.* *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_PSALM          , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]job *([0-9]+)"                        , BOOK_JOB            , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]esther *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_ESTHER         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]est\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_ESTHER         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]nehemiah *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_NEHEMIAH       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]neh\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_NEHEMIAH       , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ezra *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_EZRA           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *chronicles *([0-9]+)"             , BOOK_2CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *chr\\.* *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_2CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *chronicles *([0-9]+)"              , BOOK_2CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *chr\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_2CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *chronicles *([0-9]+)"              , BOOK_1CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *chr\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *chronicles *([0-9]+)"              , BOOK_1CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *chr\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1CHRONICLES    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *kings *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_2KINGS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *kings *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_2KINGS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *kings *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_1KINGS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *kings *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_1KINGS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *samuel *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_2SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ii *sam\\.* *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_2SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *samuel *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_2SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]2 *sam\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_2SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *samuel *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_1SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]i *sam\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *samuel *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_1SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]1 *sam\\.* *([0-9]+)"                 , BOOK_1SAMUEL        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]ruth *([0-9]+)"                       , BOOK_RUTH           , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]judges *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_JUDGES         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]jud\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_JUDGES         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]joshua *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_JOSHUA         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]josh\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_JOSHUA         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]deuteronomy *([0-9]+)"                , BOOK_DEUTERONOMY    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]deut\\.* *([0-9]+)"                   , BOOK_DEUTERONOMY    , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]numbers *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_NUMBERS        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]num\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_NUMBERS        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]leviticus *([0-9]+)"                  , BOOK_LEVITICUS      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]lev\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_LEVITICUS      , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]exodus *([0-9]+)"                     , BOOK_EXODUS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]exe\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_EXODUS         , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]genesis *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_GENESIS        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  {"\[^0-9a-zA-Z]gen\\.* *([0-9]+)"                    , BOOK_GENESIS        , MODE_BOOK|MODE_CHAPTER ,},
  };

int regex_compile( void )
  {
  int j;

for(j=0;j<sizeof(books)/sizeof(struct regex_s);j++)
    if ( 0 != regcomp( (books+j)->preg , (books+j)->pattern , REG_EXTENDED) ) 
      {
      fprintf(stderr,"FATAL ERROR: pattern %d failed to compile, string='%s'\n",j+1,(books+j)->pattern);
      exit(1);
      }

return(0);
  };

Second part is as follows to parse a list of numbers (e.g. "Isaiah 22:1-5,7 ; 23:7 ; 45:9-11" would add four references to the index).

Code: Select all

int parse_numeric_list ( struct ref_list_s * ref_list , int book_id , char * numeric_string ,
        char * original_string , char * username , char * anchorname , char * forumname , char *topicname ,
        char * sourceurl , int page )
  {
  /* this function accepts a string which is chapter/verse reference and returns parsed data */
  struct reference_s * ref ;
  int j;
  int strt_chapter = 0,stop_chapter = 0;
  int strt_verse   = 0,stop_verse   = 0;
  int seen_colon   = 0;
  int seen_dash    = 0;
  int count = ref_list->cnt ;

fprintf(stderr,"%s\n",original_string);
  if ( strcmp(original_string,"I Cor 5,;") ) debug = 1;

original_string = strdup(original_string);
  username        = strdup(username       );
  anchorname      = strdup(anchorname     );
  forumname       = strdup(forumname      );
  topicname       = strdup(topicname      );
  sourceurl       = strdup(sourceurl      );

/* before remove all white space from numeric_string, make sure '[0-9][ \t]*[0-9]' references are not corrupted */
  {
  char *dptr,*sptr;
  for(sptr=numeric_string+1;*sptr;sptr++)
    if (( (' ' == *sptr || '\t' == *sptr) && '0' <= *(sptr-1) && *(sptr-1) <= '9' ) )
      {
      for(dptr=sptr;' '==*dptr||'\t'==*dptr;dptr++);
      if ( '0' <= *dptr && *dptr <= '9' )
        *sptr = ',';
      }
  }

/* remove all white space from numeric_string */
  {
  char *dptr,*sptr;
  for(dptr=sptr=numeric_string;(*dptr = *sptr);sptr++)
    if ( ( ' ' != *dptr ) && ( '\t' != *dptr ) )
      dptr++;
  }

if ( debug )
    {
    fprintf(stderr,"    parse_numeric_list(\"%s\")\n",numeric_string);
    fprintf(stderr,"      Book: '%s'\n",book_names[book_id] );
    fprintf(stderr,"      Line: '%s'\n",original_string);
    }

for(j=0;*(numeric_string+j);j++)
    {
    char *ns = numeric_string+j;
#define RESET_CHAPTER 0x0002
#define RESET_VERSE   0x0004
    int check_in = 0;

if      ( '0' <= *ns && *ns <= '9' )
      {
      int num = atoi(ns);

if ( debug )
        fprintf(stderr,"      pre  number %d -- %d:%d,%d:%d\n",num,strt_chapter,strt_verse,stop_chapter,stop_verse);

if      (                                                       !strt_chapter )   strt_chapter = num;
      else if (!seen_dash &&             seen_colon &&                !strt_verse   )   strt_verse   = num;
      else if ( seen_dash &&  upcoming_char(ns,':') &&                !stop_chapter )   stop_chapter = num;
      else if ( seen_dash && !upcoming_char(ns,':') && !strt_verse && !stop_chapter )   stop_chapter = num;
      else if ( seen_dash &&             seen_colon &&                !stop_verse   ) { stop_verse   = num; if ( 0==stop_chapter ) stop_chapter = strt_chapter ; }
      else
        {
        fprintf(stderr,"      REJECTING: at '%s' in %s at line %d\n",ns,__FUNCTION__,__LINE__);
        }

if ( debug )
        fprintf(stderr,"      post number %d -- %d:%d,%d:%d\n",num,strt_chapter,strt_verse,stop_chapter,stop_verse);

for( ;( '0' <= *(numeric_string+j+1) && *(numeric_string+j+1) <= '9' );j++); /* advance through the numbers */
      ns = numeric_string+j;
      }
    else if ( '-' == *ns )
      {
      seen_dash++;
      stop_verse   = 0;
      stop_chapter = 0;
      }
    else if ( ':' == *ns )
      seen_colon = 1;
    else if ( ',' == *ns || ';' == *ns )
      {
      if ( !strt_verse || upcoming_char(ns+1,':') )
        check_in |= RESET_CHAPTER|RESET_VERSE; else
        check_in |= RESET_VERSE  ;
      seen_dash = 0;
      }
    else
      {
      fprintf(stderr,"FATAL EXCEPTION: at '%s' in %s at line %d\n",ns,__FUNCTION__,__LINE__);
      exit(1);
      }

if ( check_in || '\0' == *(ns+1))
      {
      ref                  = add_reference( ref_list );
      ref->book_id         = book_id ;
      ref->strt_chapter    = strt_chapter    ;
      ref->strt_verse      = strt_verse      ;
      ref->stop_chapter    = stop_chapter    ;
      ref->stop_verse      = stop_verse      ;
      ref->original_string = original_string ;
      ref->username        = username        ;
      ref->anchorname      = anchorname      ;
      ref->forumname       = forumname       ;
      ref->topicname       = topicname       ;
      ref->sourceurl       = sourceurl       ;
      ref->page            = page            ;

if ( RESET_CHAPTER & check_in )
        strt_chapter = stop_chapter = 0 ;
      if ( RESET_VERSE   & check_in )
        strt_verse   = stop_verse   = 0 ;

if ( debug )
        fprintf(stderr,"    new entry %d:%d - %d:%d\n",ref->strt_chapter,ref->strt_verse,ref->stop_chapter,ref->stop_verse);
      }
    }

if ( count == ref_list->cnt ) 
    {
    fprintf(stderr,"FATAL EXCEPTION: parsing failed in %s at line %d\n",__FUNCTION__,__LINE__);
    exit(1);
    }

return(0);
  };

With a little knowledge of the C programming language (or not) anyone can take it from here to adapt the code for use on the current forum. I'm glad to help in the implementation. We should also get worked out the reason why word searches are omitting the oldest posts.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm

I don't know enough about the new forum, but I might be able to get the code from the old site running again - there are a lot of things there that I'd like to find from time to time based on verses. (in this instance Luke 16 on the unjust steward -- surely, we've discussed that, but I can't find anything).

Return to “Announcements”