Film Screening in Portland

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Sean

Re: Film Screening in Portland

Post by Sean » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Very nice. I've heard some of this information before. When can I get the DVD? :)
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

selah

Post by selah » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Quote by Jason on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:58 am
Darin, the website is http://houseofnumbers.com/ and there's more info on there. The film is a documentary about the history of HIV/AIDS on a global scale and questions some of the scientific dogma that has been held up for dubious reasons. As to your question about people dying in Africa, that is a major part of the film and one of the most gut wrenching revelations. The French guy at the end of the trailer won the Nobel prize for discovering HIV and he claims it's a virus that will clear itself from the body if you have a good immune system. In the film Brent follows up by asking him why they don't give poor Africans clean water instead of toxic drugs and the man responds, "There's no money in it."

Will anyone here be attending the Portland screening? Brent will be there doing a live Q and A after the show.
I would like to go. Is anyone else going from the Salem, Oregon area? I don't know my way around Portland so don't want to drive there alone at night. Would someone like to go with me, or take yours?

Thanks,
:) SueAnn*
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:47 pm

The Fox Tower downtown Portland is a pretty nice theater complex. Been there many times. I might be a little bit nervous to see a really scarey movie though. Is it?
Scary is a bit relative. There are some uplifting personal stories in the film as well as humor to lighten the darker moments.
Very nice. I've heard some of this information before. When can I get the DVD?
There's no release date yet for DVD. We have a deal with Regal to do the theatrical but a lot depends on how the test market performs.

Selah, I hope you can make it to the screening!

selah

Post by selah » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:34 pm

Jason wrote:
Jill wrote: The Fox Tower downtown Portland is a pretty nice theater complex. Been there many times. I might be a little bit nervous to see a really scarey movie though. Is it?
Jason wrote: Scary is a bit relative. There are some uplifting personal stories in the film as well as humor to lighten the darker moments.
What is so scary? I thought this is a documentary, right? It shouldn't be more scary than a "60 Minutes" or some show like that, right? I haven't watched a lot of TV in years so am I missing something?

I watched the trailer and have a personal interest in this movie because I have been so chronically ill this past year and one of my "conditions" is on the list (in the trailer).
by darinhouston on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I'm not sure I understand the alternate message from the trailer -- it seems intriguing, but I'm not sure what the movie is about after watching it (maybe that was by design). Is there a synopsis of the basic argument being made by the movie somewhere ? If it's not HIV/AIDS killing (let's just say) Africans by the millions, then what is it ?
I'm not sure I understand the message either, but at the very least, the movie should get people talking about the issues and that may lead to better understanding and solutions for health.

To darinhouston's last question, I've got an idea what might contribute to the death of millions, but maybe I should wait until I see the movie before speaking out. Since my health "crashed and burned" in April, I have done hundreds of hours of online research to find out Why I was sick and How I could fight it. What I found is disturbing, to say the least. Millions of people are ill-effected and don't even know the etiology of their illnesses. If I'm right---and I can stand on half a century (at least) of ignored scientific research---and if I continue getting better after the procedures I am at present undergoing, (and just this week, I improved somewhat overnight after a procedure) then, I will definitely speak out because I feel passionately about helping others be healthy. And the best news is, it is possible!

I really want to go; I live west of Salem, Oregon about 60 miles from Portland. (And because of my recent healthcare interventions, I am FINALLY feeling healthy enough that I think I can go. 8-) I thank God for His mercy! )

Does anyone know what time of day/evening this movie is scheduled to play? I can mapquest it and find my way (hopefully daytime, early evening).

Thanks,
Selah*
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

Selah, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. So you sought alternative therapies and they are now working? House of Numbers doesn't look into alternatives as much as it offers a scathing critique of current methods of diagnosis and treatment. I mean, if a poor African catches malaria or even the flu, they would most likely be given an AIDS cocktail (chemotherapy) and told that it should be taken for a lifetime. Well, people can't take such meds for very long before their immune system is completely destroyed. They will, unfortunately, get sick and die. However, if that poor African simply had access to clean water then the original illness, which was mis-diagnosed as AIDS, would have been prevented. However, the third world delima is just one instance of disturbing treatment by drug companies (and their respective lobbyists) and your own health issues may or may not be related. In the third world, it's all about sanitation and clean water. There's a clip in the film where a fly escapes a disgusting toilet stall and lands on someone's food.

Here is the screening schedule at the Fox Tower Stadium 10:

Fri, Jan 22: 12:20, 2:30, 4:40, 7:05, 9:50
Sat, Jan 23: 12:20, 2:30, 4:40, 7:05, 9:50
Sun, Jan 24: 12:20, 2:30, 4:40, 7:05, 9:50
Mon, Jan 25: 12:20, 2:30, 4:40, 7:05, 9:50
Tue, Jan 26: 12:20, 2:30, 4:40, 7:05, 9:50
Wed, Jan 27: 12:20, 2:30, 4:40, 7:05, 9:50
Thu, Jan 28: 12:20, 2:30, 4:40, 7:05, 9:50

selah

Post by selah » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:35 pm

by Jason on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:09 am
Selah, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. So you sought alternative therapies and they are now working? House of Numbers doesn't look into alternatives as much as it offers a scathing critique of current methods of diagnosis and treatment. I mean, if a poor African catches malaria or even the flu, they would most likely be given an AIDS cocktail (chemotherapy) and told that it should be taken for a lifetime. Well, people can't take such meds for very long before their immune system is completely destroyed. They will, unfortunately, get sick and die. However, if that poor African simply had access to clean water then the original illness, which was mis-diagnosed as AIDS, would have been prevented. However, the third world delima is just one instance of disturbing treatment by drug companies (and their respective lobbyists) and your own health issues may or may not be related. In the third world, it's all about sanitation and clean water. There's a clip in the film where a fly escapes a disgusting toilet stall and lands on someone's food.
Jason, thank you for your sentiments. Yes, I sought "alternative therapies" and am better. I still have some procedures to submit to, but our Father is building my faith through Jesus and in HIs mercy, has carried me through to this day. Like I said in an earlier post, one of my multiple-labeled conditions is listed on the disease list in the trailer. I have no doubt that if I were a "poor African" in "the third world," I would have been offered the same type of drug "cocktail" that you mentioned above. One major difference in my case and in the average African's case is that I live in America where I had the opportunity to search the web until the true etiology and mechanism of the disease was found, and then in America one has access to alternative healthcare and in my case, the Lord provided the resources to pay for the prior procedure and in His mercy, continues to do so.

Right now, we live in a free country where we can choose among mainstream (drugs and surgery) verses alternative healthcare modalities. I believe we need to appreciate this freedom to the extent that we do our part to ensure that African's, even poor ones, have the same choices. This begins as you mention, with clean food and water.

What if all of the tax-deductible monies that have been spent on providing Africans immunizations, AIDS "cocktail" drugs, and infant formula (consider the contaminated water that these sub-standard powdered formulas are mixed with) were instead spent on clean water well systems, and organic gardening practices utilizing non-genetically modified seeds. I propose that the poor African's would be among the healthiest people groups on earth. WHO would not want Africans (and other indigenous peoples) to be healthy.?

It is understandable that House of Numbers doesn't look into alternatives, since there are a myriad of "use-ful verses use-less" choices within the larger Alternative Healthcare system. It seems a monumental task just to convince the public about the truth behind causal agents of mass scale chronic and deadly disease. I will be watching this issue to see if the people of America are ready to take action.

Jason, I believe you are absolutely right about every assertion you stated above.

Thanks for posting the show times. I finally found that info on the House of Numbers website, but you have posted it very clearly here. I do plan, Lord willing, to go to an early afternoon showing.

God bless...

Return to “Announcements”