"The Narrow Path" in Dallas, TX?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

"The Narrow Path" in Dallas, TX?

Post by steve » Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 pm

I just received an email from a station in Dallas, TX, saying they would have a time-slot available for the live broadcast of The Narrow Path. They said they have affordable ramp-up rates (this means they charge less per month at first to help you build your audience, then they increase it in increments until you are paying full-price). Here is the letter I received:
Hi Steve,

I am Stephen N— of Silas Media Radio Reps and we represent KVCE AM 1160 in the Dallas, TX area. Dallas as you know is a great area for Ministry and with the stations you are currently airing on, it looks as through you are moving eastward with your Ministry. We have great times and great start up rates to help you grow in the Dallas Market. I believe if there is an interest we could possibly open LIVE 4pm to 5pm CST (2pm to 3pm PST) following Real Answer a daily live show Monday through Friday. This is a good time since it is drive time in the DFW market plus a bonus of the hour in the late evening. If there is interest please contact myself or Nathan K— via phone or through email. We have other options all over the country if you are looking to expand.
Now, we just added Seattle three months ago, and, while the Lord has provided so far to stay on there, we just manage to squeak by each month (this month, after paying all the bills, we had about $15 left on-hand). It remains to be seen whether the Seattle listeners will pick-up the tab for that station, but we have received a few generous donations, and multiple encouraging emails, from that audience. I am expecting that the Lord will provide for us to remain on that station, which promises the largest potential audience of any of our current stations.

Dallas would be an even larger potential audience, but we do not have any extra money even to consider it. I know we have a number of internet listeners down there, and I wonder if there are enough of them, who would like to have the show aired locally, to jointly pick up the tab for, say, the first three or six months. Usually the stations want at least a three-month commitment from new shows, though it takes longer than that to build full local support. If a group of start-up supporters could not keep up the commitment beyond the first few months, and if the local audience did not step up to cover the costs, we could always go off the air after six months. Even if we did, we probably would have picked-up in the process a lot of new loyal listeners, who might then continue listening via the internet. Obviously, if there were more listeners in Texas, it would justify my making more frequent teaching visits there.

I don't know if KVCE is a major Christian station in the area, or if there are too many others that eclipse it. I also don't know what the daily costs will be. I am assuming the normal rate would be at least $250 per hour, if not more (Seattle is $200 per hour). However, it would be cheaper—possibly considerably so—for the first few months. There are 22 or 23 broadcast days per month, so you can do the math.

I am not so much coming to our Dallas friends with a hand out, asking for money (since I had not previously considered picking-up a new station at this time) as I am making a new opportunity known. If anyone wishes to communicate more with me about this, feel free to do so.

Return to “Announcements”