confused

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
ronee

confused

Post by ronee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:58 pm

i have no idea how this forum works??? i am used to facebook...any teachers here? :)

Jason

Re: confused

Post by Jason » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Define "teachers." :)

Actually, there are a lot of smart folks here at the forum, though traffic is pretty low these days. Oh... and welcome!

steve

Post by steve » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi Ronee,

I suppose I qualify as a "teacher"—at least in your book, from what I have read at your Facebook page. :-)

The forum is pretty intuitive. You managed to post one item. You just do the same thing every time you want to say something to everybody—whether you have a question to put on the table or you want to get involved with your response to someone else's posting. Your husband has spent some time here, so I think he could give you a crash course. However, you know a lot more about Facebook than I do. If you taught yourself how to use that, then I am confident you can figure this forum out enough to do as much as I know how to do here.

By the way, I am very glad you are here. I have been posting long answers on your Facebook page and I have always wished that they were here instead, so that more people could get involved. You will read some unreliable things here, because we allow any view to be expressed, but there are lots of sharp people here who can usually bring a good balance.

ronee

Post by ronee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 pm

steve this is seriously way more complex than facebook and on my wall at facebook there are more non believers...which we both know is my interest...but scott has been trying to get me here for years...although i am no intellectual challenge for your friends...i prefer the cookies on the very lowest shelves...but still no answer to how do i move around??? i will roam i suppose...i tried to upload an avatar...complete and utter failure??? i need help <3

thirdwoe

Post by thirdwoe » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:38 am

Hi Ronee...Avatar has to be very small...not large or it wont take it.
"You can be a Righteous Rocker or a Holy Roller, you can be most anything, you can be a Leon Russel or a Supper Muscle...but without love, you aint nothin'.." Larry Norman

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:07 am

i have no idea how this forum works??? i am used to facebook...any teachers here? ronee

Try board index and then view active topics.

ronee

Post by ronee » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 am

i suppose i have to learn how to "shrink avatars?" well... we will see...i love facebook and i can move around and be creative...i am old...hard to learn new things...but i will try...i will still attempt to get you over there though for my non believing in Jesus friends :) oh your smiley face icons are funky...i gotta tone those down here :))) they look goofy all over the page...

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:28 am

This is not so much a place of evangelism (though it certainly might be) but a place to learn and share among fellow believers (though all are welcome). We tend to discuss things that might not be all that interesting to nonbelievers (or which might actually be stumbling blocks to some of them), but others might welcome honest and open discussion in a forum where even doubts and confusion is not taboo or whitewashed. In any event, welcome.

You might find a web site which will trim and shrink an avatar for you. If you like, I'll send you a private message with my email and you can send me a photo to trim for you and I'll email it back to you. Check above where it says "0 new messages" and you'll see "1 message" (at least) shortly.

TK

Post by TK » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:48 pm

i think i used a website called "image cave" to shrink a photo for use an an avatar.

TK

Joan

Post by Joan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi Ronee, I've seen you around the forum so I'm guessing you might already be more comfortable here by now than I am, but I can't resist mentioning how I've come to see the forum: a virtual fellowship, with all different sorts of people and conversations going on at any given time - some of them too intellectual for me, and others right on my level. I like the way conversations can take place in such s-l-o-w motion. Gives plenty of time to think a thing through. And there are so many of them going on! I haven't posted much yet. On the shy-er side, my tendency is to hang out at the edges of the room. But I'm visiting regularly and getting to know folks that way, and really enjoying it. I figure it's polite to say something when I'm listening in on a conversation, though, so I'll probably say 'hey' once in a while. Most of the time I don't have anything significant to say, so I sit quietly over by the window and just listen - and learn. For example, I'd been wondering what an avatar is, and now I know. Thanks, guys!

Return to “Announcements”