I just found out: Clark Pinnock has Alzheimer's Disease

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
RickC

I just found out: Clark Pinnock has Alzheimer's Disease

Post by RickC » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:18 am

I was browsing the web today and came across Thomas Jay Oord's blog -
Where - (dated on March 24, 2010) - Thomas Oord wrote:
Clark sent John Sanders and me the following note:

Dear Tom and John:

I want to inform you that I am now middle stage Alzheimer’s. I will not be able to do my writing etc. I am 73 years now, and I've enjoyed my biblical three score and ten. I am not bitter. I have had a good life. I'll meet you over Jordan if not before.

You are free to make this news known.

With love,

Clark
Some time ago, I read Clark's book Biblical Revelation: The Foundation of Christian Theology (Moody Press, Chicago, 1971). I recall it being excellent! I no longer have it, but remember doing LOTS of underlining! Since then I've kept up with things he's had to say on various topics (articles, blogs, audios, videos, etc.). Whether one agrees with his theology or not, he's a genuine and humble man.

I just thought to post this. Especially since Steve (Gregg) met him in person, and Steve and Clark are at least acquaintances. I thought Steve and others here would want to know. Apparently, Clark wants folks to be informed....

May the Lord be with him, and also with you.

steve

Re: I just found out: Clark Pinnock has Alzheimer's Disease

Post by steve » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:25 am

Yes, he is a humble man, and one who has made a unique contribution to evangelical thinking in his generation. It is sad to know his fertile mind is fading. I was informed of this by SteveF of this forum a week or so ago (SteveF was with me when we met with Professor Pinnock in Toronto).

selah

Post by selah » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:56 am

I have not heard of this gentleman; you have piqued my interest in his teachings. My prayer is that he and his loved ones would be open to alternative healthcare practices as a means of complimenting allopathic medicine.

I don't easily accept the diagnosis of Alzheimer's. My 78 year old mother came to me six months ago with Alzheimer's (AD) and an assessment from two medical doctors as "100 % Incapacitated."

However, through Medical/Integrative Medicine, Biological Dentistry and Naturopathy over the past six months, my mother has improved to be only "Partially Incapacitated." If she continues with her present interventions for another six months, I expect even greater improvement. The women in my family live long, so I pray her mind regains abilities and then, remains sharp.

I am convinced that one may be able to stop or slow the progression of AD. I would be more than happy to share resources with helpful information if someone is interested. I will say this: I read in the book entitled, "Beating Alzheimer's" that if one has the capability of speaking only five minutes of lucid conversation, there is hope for cognitive improvement.

My heart goes out to this brother. I will pray for him and his family.
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 pm

I had heard this as well.

Interestingly enough, I am currently reading my first Pinnock book (I've read articles and stuff, but nothing lengthy) and it is excellent so far. It is titled "A Wideness in God's mercy" and is basically about the question of whether people outside of Christianity may be true worshipers of the 1 true God.

RickC

Post by RickC » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 pm

I felt to post here that I just learned Clark died this past Sunday.
New thread on the same @ http://theos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=3348
As we lift up Clark Pinnock's family and friends....

selah

Post by selah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 pm

RickC wrote:I felt to post here that I just learned Clark died this past Sunday.
New thread on the same @ http://theos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=3348
As we lift up Clark Pinnock's family and friends....
Oh I am shocked. I thought he had several years----at least.

...yes, "as we lift up Clark Pinnock's family and friends..."
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Return to “Announcements”