Lectures for the First Module have been posted

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

Re: Lectures for the First Module have been posted

Post by steve » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 pm

It is my understanding that there will be videos posted. It is done by others in their "free" ftime, so I prefer not to pester them. I am not sure if the videos are as useful as audios, so it isn't as much a priority.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:55 pm

One benefit to videos is if you are wanting to listen over time with others in a study group or the like. Communal audio listening can be a bit challenging.

Joan

Post by Joan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm delighted to get to listen to the new lectures. Thanks for posting them! Only thing is that they are hard to hear, like Jason says. I'm listening while at home so I'm cooking and washing dishes, and so on, and STRAINING my ears. Even with the volume turned up high and being so careful that I only barely clank the pots and pans, I'm missing a lot. I'm glad to listen to each one a few times through to hear the entire message, but it's going to be a slow go (I'm on my third time through the first lecture). I'd love to have a way to turn up the sound. I found a site (Goldwave.com) that offers a free version of a program called Goldwave, but only on trial. Is there a free version that we can keep? Maybe what I really need to do is get Steve's lectures into a portable form so I can take them to work with me!

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:19 am

Joan wrote:I'm delighted to get to listen to the new lectures. Thanks for posting them! Only thing is that they are hard to hear, like Jason says. I'm listening while at home so I'm cooking and washing dishes, and so on, and STRAINING my ears. Even with the volume turned up high and being so careful that I only barely clank the pots and pans, I'm missing a lot. I'm glad to listen to each one a few times through to hear the entire message, but it's going to be a slow go (I'm on my third time through the first lecture). I'd love to have a way to turn up the sound. I found a site (Goldwave.com) that offers a free version of a program called Goldwave, but only on trial. Is there a free version that we can keep? Maybe what I really need to do is get Steve's lectures into a portable form so I can take them to work with me!
I've found the sound reasonable when listening at full volume (the 1st lecture of Genesis & 1st of Kingdom of God). If I do housework I use headphones, so that helps, & when I go for walks I download to my mP3 player.

:)
Suzana

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:39 am

Hey all,

Ok, I ran a script last night to boost the audio level a bit on all GCS mp3 files. The problem with doing that is it makes the file bigger, and I really want to keep them smaller for web and mobile streaming. Let me know that change makes any difference.

Jarrod

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:06 pm

If you haven't tried it, you can right-click to download the individual files as mp3.

Joan

Post by Joan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 am

The volume does seem better now, and (is it me?) it sounds clearer, easier to understand. It streams well, too. I appreciate the improvement. I don't have an ipod but I''ll experiment with downloading to my computer and from there to CD's. Thanks!

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey Steve,

Did you add an extra teaching on "The Authority of Scripture"? I don't remember the teaching on the apostleship of Paul, and it's not in my notes. Do I just have a bad memory?

steve

Post by steve » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Very perceptive! I added it while I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago. I was talking to a man who knew a recent convert from Islam, who did not believe in the authority of Paul's writings. I usually have a lecture on that subject in the Authority of Scripture series, so I went looking for it, and finding that I either had omitted it at the school (or else folded it into another lecture where I could not easily locate it), I actually taught that lecture to the students in Jacksonville, recorded it and sent it to Jarrod to post it. That is so the ex-Muslim guy could immediately access it—he is in Saudi Arabia. It really belongs in the series, and I don't know how I could have taught the series and omitted it. I am getting absentminded in my old age!

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:59 am

That's great.. I'm looking forward to listening to it

Return to “Announcements”