Lectures for the First Module have been posted

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
utahbill

Re: Lectures for the First Module have been posted

Post by utahbill » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:55 am

I was wondering if you will have any notes or handouts to your newly updated lectures available for download?

steve

Post by steve » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:03 am

The only handouts that we gave out were notes to for the introduction to each book. I could probably get them posted.

Joan

Post by Joan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:44 pm

That's great. I think they would be helpful. Thank you!

Quilter2

Post by Quilter2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:05 am

I can't say for sure, but I did work on copyright for our church's chorale. Without picking up the handbook I have somewhere, I think the idea is that the composer is not denied royalty if you sell the music. In our case, the chorale had CDs available for an offering. So they would pay royalty to the music licensing firm. Since your sessions are posted free, I wonder if there is any copyright issue. Churches and tape ministries distribute free church service tapes all the time with congregations singing music that is, at least in part, copyrighted.
Paula

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Quilter2 wrote:I can't say for sure, but I did work on copyright for our church's chorale. Without picking up the handbook I have somewhere, I think the idea is that the composer is not denied royalty if you sell the music. In our case, the chorale had CDs available for an offering. So they would pay royalty to the music licensing firm. Since your sessions are posted free, I wonder if there is any copyright issue. Churches and tape ministries distribute free church service tapes all the time with congregations singing music that is, at least in part, copyrighted.
Paula
As you suggest, churches typically pay ASCAP and other related licensing organizations fees for this right.

tdarr2201

Post by tdarr2201 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 am

Genesis 15-18 seems to be missing. Were these lectures not recorded?

Tim
Tim Darr
Bristow, OK

steve

Post by steve » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Good question, Tim! I am trying to remember what happened there. I think there is one lecture that didn't get recorded properly on mp3, and we were hoping to retrieve the audio from the video tape. I will look into it.

Perry

Post by Perry » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 am

Hiya guys,

Just to clarify, I understand that these are new verse-by-verse lectures. Are these new Kingdom of God and Authority of Scripture lectures as well?

Also, not sure what, if anything this means, but I noticed that the underlying file names for the lectures in the Authority of Scripture series are offset by 1 from the titles in the links, and that there is not a lecture with the file name that begins 01. (i.e. underlying file names begin with 02 - 17).

Is there a recommended study method? For example, I noticed in reading about GCS the following:
Our students are required to read each book of the Bible, making and recording inductive observations prior to the beginning of classroom treatment of the material.
Finally, is there a recommended order? (Mark before O.T. books? Topical before verse-by-verse?)

Perhaps a brief essay "Getting the most of these lectures..." or somesuch...

'cause you just haven't done enough already... :o

Seriously, though, thanks so much for making these available.

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:16 am

Perry wrote: Is there a recommended study method? For example, I noticed in reading about GCS the following:
Our students are required to read each book of the Bible, making and recording inductive observations prior to the beginning of classroom treatment of the material.
Hi Perry,

As a student of the GCS, perhaps I could be of assistance. We received in-depth questions that were to be answered in preparation for each set of lectures. Since you don't have those, I would suggest just reading the books once or twice before you begin listening to the lectures. You could take notes and write down any questions you have about certain passages that stick out to you... or perhaps even outline the books to get an overall perspective of the themes of each book.
Perry wrote: Finally, is there a recommended order? (Mark before O.T. books? Topical before verse-by-verse?)
This is the order of the lectures from the school:

Authority of Scripture
Genesis
Job
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Mark
Kingdom of God

hope this helps,

Rich