Know any great Camp Speakers?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
mattrose

Know any great Camp Speakers?

Post by mattrose » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:06 am

QUICK VERSION
Do you know any really good camp speakers?

LONGER VERSION
I've recently been made director of our (wesleyan) district family camp which takes on the campus of Houghton College (so, not really 'camping,' haha). Most likely, I will serve in this role for a number of years. The camp is important to me b/c it is where I surrendered my life to Christ.

One of my main roles as director will be to select the camp speaker. The camp speaker gives a sermon each evening (sunday through thursday) and teaches a bible study each morning (monday through thursday). Sometimes these speakers are pastors, sometimes traveling 'evangelists' or itinerant speakers.

Knowing the kind of camp it is, I'm probably looking for a male speaker who is dedicated to the Bible, but willing and able to illustrate with amusing stories that illustrate key points well. The current budget for a camp speaker is $2,000. The camp is the last week of July and has been attended by roughly 200 adults in recent years (kids ministry is done separately).

Thanks for any names you might throw my way for consideration :)

look2jesus

Re: Know any great Camp Speakers?

Post by look2jesus » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Hello Matt,

I can certainly recommend someone. His name is Tom Harmon and I've attended probably five Men's Retreats in Michigan where Tom lives, and where I used to live. I would say that he is a very dynamic speaker and very gifted in what God has called him to do. He really is good at relating the things of Christ down to where the rubber meets the road. I'm not sure about his schedule but I know he considers himself an itinerent preacher, so I know he does travel out of state. His website is http://www.tdharmon.com/. You should be able to find contact information and even listen to some of his preaching which is posted there. Cheers.

l2j
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and discernment...Philippians 1:9 ESV

mattrose

Re: Know any great Camp Speakers?

Post by mattrose » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks very much! I'll look into the link after the weekend when I have a bit of time :)

Return to “Announcements”