The Narrow Path in Southern and Northern California

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

The Narrow Path in Southern and Northern California

Post by steve » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:52 am

As of January 3rd, 2011, "The Narrow Path: Morning Edition" will begin airing on stations reaching most of the population of California.

KBRT (AM 740) reaches Los Angeles County and Orange County, and can be heard strongly as far north as Santa Barbara and as far south as San Diego (the Mexican border).

KCBC (AM 770) reaches San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento—even Santa Rosa, I think. These two stations will be running a new, live, daily half-hour edition of The Narrow Path from 9:30 to 10:00 AM (unfortunately, Rush Limbaugh's second half-hour will be competing with us for listeners). This half-hour broadcast will be in addition to our daily hour-long program in the afternoons.

The morning program will only be aired on the two stations mentioned above, but can be heard anywhere by the internet stream. The total populations of the areas reached by these two stations would be in excess of 20 million people. Since the listeners to the morning broadcast will be made aware of the website and the afternoon broadcast, we will, no doubt be getting a lot of listeners and calls to the afternoon hour from those audiences. No doubt we will see some new blood participating at the forum as well.

Air time on these stations is very expensive, so that the cost for the half-hour on the two new stations alone exceeds the amount we have been paying for a whole hour on our five existing stations combined. Our radio air time costs will be about $33,000 per month, beginning in January. However, a single donor has provided for the first nine months on the new stations! This designated gift came entirely unsolicited and came from a donor in another country! I have been praying for some time that we could get on KBRT in Southern California, so you can imagine my excitement when someone contacted me out of the clear blue sky, offering this enormous contribution.

One nice thing about having two programs a day—and one of them only 30 minutes—is that a half-hour on any station costs less than an hour, and, as we consider adding other large radio markets, we can possibly get our foot in their door at a lower start-up cost by buying only a half-hour a day. As audience and donors increase in the new areas, it may become possible to buy the hour slots as well.

I will be wanting to upgrade the website soon, since it will get a lot more visitors as a result of this new audience.

look2jesus

Re: The Narrow Path in Southern and Northern California

Post by look2jesus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:30 am

That's awesome, Steve! Praise the Lord!
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and discernment...Philippians 1:9 ESV

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:15 pm

That is awesome news!

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank you Father in Heaven!

christopher

Post by christopher » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:42 pm

This is very good news !! I've often prayed TNP would reach a wider audience. 20 million is pretty wide. :)

Congratulations Steve.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:16 pm

That's awesome. What a gracious gift and solid investment into the Kingdom!

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Sweeter than honey!

Ian

Post by Ian » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 am

we need you over here, Steve. You couldn`t do a crash course in German, could you?

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:58 pm

This is such good news!

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Great news Steve! Can't wait. :D
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

Return to “Announcements”