The reason for the recorded programs today and tomorrow

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

The reason for the recorded programs today and tomorrow

Post by steve » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 pm

I have been called in to report for jury duty this week. The jury selection process is still going on, and it looks like they will select a full jury before I get questioned for qualification. I missed the program today as I sat with 40 others, listening to two lawyers nit-pick the various potential jurors. We have to show up again tomorrow at 1:30 (just prior to broadcast time) to continue the process. If I am selected to serve, I will miss the program all this week and part of next. Even if I am dismissed (as I fully expect to be) it will not be until after I have been pulled off two days' broadcasts.

Jason

Re: The reason for the recorded programs today and tomorrow

Post by Jason » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:42 am

It sounds like you're not entirely thrilled about serving as a juror there Steve. If I may ask, why are expecting to be dismissed?

steve

Post by steve » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 am

What I am not thrilled about is being prevented from doing the program live for, perhaps a week or more. There are two reasons that I expect to be dismissed: 1) They have interviewed so many jurors without getting around to interviewing me, that I expect them to pick the twelve they need from those they have already interviewed—but they are still going through the process of dismissing those of that group, so it is not certain how many will be left; 2) They have dismissed jurors on the basis of very small matters of concern, like that they have some personal opinions about innocuous matters. My opinions, I imagine, will be too strong for them on something or other.

Apollos

Post by Apollos » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 am

apparently they don't like people who believe in and are aware of the right of jury nullification - to declare someone innocent even when you believe they have broken the law, on the basis that you don't accept the morality of the law - something designed to protect against tyranny and unjust laws.

steve

Post by steve » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 pm

True. One thing they ask the jurors is "do you disagree with the validity of the laws that this person is alleged to have broken."

steve

Post by steve » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Okay, I finally got dismissed. I will be live on the air again on Wednesday, March 16th. I was never questioned. They got the full jury selected before it came to that.

Return to “Announcements”