New Lectures at website

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
christopher

Re: New Lectures at website

Post by christopher » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:16 am

Ok, thanks for the info guys. You've convinced me to at least experiment with this. But iTunes is still the Beast :D

mikew

Post by mikew » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:53 pm

steve wrote: John 6 can be heard here:

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/mp3s/bible ... c_5_8a.mp3
http://www.thenarrowpath.com/mp3s/bible ... c_5_8b.mp3

These latter lectures demonstrate the reason I decided to re-record everything digitally. Because of the uneven tape speed, my voice sounds, at times, a bit like Alvin and the chipmunks.
Maybe I shouldn't sovle this problem of tape speed but...
I take the sped up versions of the seminars and convert them to a slower playback speed using the Goldwave recorder software. I did this recently on the Micah study. Basically the speed had to slow down about 10% in that situation. I believe the Windows Media player will slow it down too... but you have to slow it down without preserving the voice pitch.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Perry

Post by Perry » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Audacity, which is freeware software for windows machines, has many such effects that can be applied to audio files. You can speed them up and slow them down, with or without pitch change, apply noise reduction (which I don't tend to use because it creates weird audio artifacts), apply equalization, and many other things.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

christopher

Post by christopher » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am

Perry wrote:
christopher wrote:It would be nice to be able to download these as a podcast rather than mp3 (better bookmarking in iOS devices).
For what it's worth, it's quite easy to convert the MP3s to podcasts if you have ITunes... even in the windows version. I do this all the time, so that I can take advantage of the 2X playspeed offered by podcasts on my ancient iTouch.

1. Right-click on the mp3 file (you can also do this with a selection of MP3 files to save clicks)
2. Select "get info" from the pop-up menu.
3. Select the "options tab"
4. Select the "medi-kind" drop down and select "podcast"

You may wish to check out some of the other options after selecting get-info. You can use the options to group the files, add album artwork, set up play order and what not.

Hope this helps,
Perry
Thanks for tip Perry, I did finally get it to work after several tries.

I think I need to make an amendment to your process though for others who may have the same problem.

First, I wasn't able to do this with multiple files, the selection was just not there when I tried. So each file had to be reclassified individually (which was a bit tedious ).

Second, the first attempt at this just made the files disappear from the library. Upon further examination of other podcast files, I noticed that you had to have something in the album field or it didn't move it into the podcast section, it just went into iTunes purgatory somewhere.

Apple really blew it on this software, this should be a drag and drop thing. Why frustrate your users on something that should be really simple? I'm usually pretty tech savvy when it comes to this stuff but iTunes makes me feel like a noob. I can't be the only one.

Darin, I'd still like to look into putting this stuff up on the iTunes store to make it more accessible for folks to download straight to their devices. I'm willing to help with the set up.

Steve, what do you think?

Perry

Post by Perry » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:18 am

christopher wrote:First, I wasn't able to do this with multiple files, the selection was just not there when I tried. So each file had to be reclassified individually (which was a bit tedious ).
I've just successfully simultaneously converted 21 files from media kind music to podcast by having them all selected at once. I'm not sure why this isn't working for you.
christopher wrote:Second, the first attempt at this just made the files disappear from the library. Upon further examination of other podcast files, I noticed that you had to have something in the album field or it didn't move it into the podcast section, it just went into iTunes purgatory somewhere.
I was able to replicate this problem. You can retrieve the files from purgatory via a smart playlist, but it can be awkward if you don't know some unique characteristic of the files.

BTW, I'm not really an apple fanboy, and there's certainly a great deal about the windows version of iTunes that bugs me.

Sorry for the thread-drift guys.

KyleB

Post by KyleB » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 am

The missing John 2011 lectures can be viewed here (both 4:1-4:26 & 6:22-6:45):

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00814FDF55B59CB3

This is not my Youtube channel, I'm not sure which forum member is behind it. But I am in the process of using my slow internet connection to download as .flv and convert to .mp3 all the 2011 lectures that have not already been made available on the Steve sites. If this work has not been completed by someone else by the time I am done, I will try to make available through Jarrod or whomever is appropriate.

P.S. There is an addendum to John 3:14-16 on this channel as well that I don't believe is available elsewhere...?

Return to “Announcements”