NEW Great Commission School—THIRD MODULE

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Perry

Re: NEW Great Commission School—THIRD MODULE

Post by Perry » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi guys,

I hope my comment about the homework didn't give the wrong impression. It has actually been a very profitable school so far. There are some amazing people here, and doing the homework was very profitable for us. It was not a burden... This is a stress-free zone. The need to do so much reading so quickly at the beginning was really just a fluke of timing more than anything else. What's great is that, wherever you go, there are great conversations, either about what we are studying in class or else about other topics of interest to Christians. I've just had a great conversation with two of the youngest people here about martyrdom. These kids are very knowledgable and well read. It's very encouraging.

Steve is tireless... We have have to listen to four lectures per day... He has to give them. Plus he has to work in two daily radio programs.

Of all the students here, everyone is super cool... If anyone here is the critchety sort... It's probably me.

The staff is super nice, and they really go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Yes, the lecture load is aggressive... But that's not as big a problem as you might think in this environment where your other responsibilities are suspended.

I would say that if anyone has ever daydreamed about coming to one of these (not sure when the next one will be) that you should work to make it a priority. You won't be disappointed.

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I should also mention that it seems like every time you turn around, you see Dayna, Steve's new wife, scurrying around taking care of some detail or other... Keeping the school running smoothly and effectively.

Bud

Post by Bud » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks for the update Perry, I feel more relaxed for you all for it. It would definitely be a priority for me to go if I was physically able to be up and sit for longer periods of time, and travel, etc. ( back pain and spasms).
I'm with you in spirit though and I do appreciate these updates you've been posting, though I wouldn't blame you if you had other things more pressing.
I win in the "critchety" department :)

God speed,
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

KyleB

Post by KyleB » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Steve, did Ezekiel and Lamentations end up getting covered as expected in the 3rd module? I see that Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel have been posted. I don't mean to accuse anyone if there hasn't been time to edit and post them, I know it is all volunteer work being done as time allows.

Thanks,
-Kyle

steve

Post by steve » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 am

Hi Kyle,

We went longer on Isaiah than planned, and since the school was only four weeks this time, there just wasn't enough flexibility to fit those books in as planned. They will have to be covered at another time, unfortunately.

KyleB

Post by KyleB » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks Steve. I'm sure it's better for everyone that you didn't rush through the other books.

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 am

hey steve, any word on the fourth module?

Quilter2

Re: NEW Great Commission School—fourth module?

Post by Quilter2 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:04 am

I was wondering the same thing, will there be a summer or fall 2013 module?
Paula

steve

Post by steve » Sun May 26, 2013 12:34 pm

A short module is planned to be held in August, lasting only two weeks. This is because I have other teaching commitments during the summer. There will be very limited enrollment, as my wife and I hope to host the school (including housing the students) in our home. There might be room for eight to ten students. We ave chosen not to advertise the school, but would be glad to hear from those who think they would wish to come. The plan is to cover Acts and Hebrews.

Timm001

Post by Timm001 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi Steve,

Will the third module also be held in Monroe,WA? I ask because I live near Monroe.

Return to “Announcements”