Christ is back He is here!!!!!! Wakeup!!!!!

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
jeremiah

Re: Christ is back He is here!!!!!! Wakeup!!!!!

Post by jeremiah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 pm

hey whats up man,
brody196 wrote:Because the word "tyranny" implies that there is a tyrant.
agreed, but does it not also imply the state of individuals' experience, without respect to their choice to live in that state?
brody196 wrote:The followers in this case made a conscience decision to follow a "Different Christ"
how on earth can anyone know something like that, it's only a different christ from our perspective, as one of the redeemed. these people think they are following the risen Christ. what would you think is an example of genuine spiritual tyranny? i think part of my disagreement with you is our definitions of this maybe different or unequally emphasized.
grace and peace...
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 pm

jeremiah wrote:hey whats up man,
brody196 wrote:Because the word "tyranny" implies that there is a tyrant.
agreed, but does it not also imply the state of individuals' experience, without respect to their choice to live in that state?
brody196 wrote:The followers in this case made a conscience decision to follow a "Different Christ"
how on earth can anyone know something like that, it's only a different christ from our perspective, as one of the redeemed. these people think they are following the risen Christ. what would you think is an example of genuine spiritual tyranny? i think part of my disagreement with you is our definitions of this maybe different or unequally emphasized.
grace and peace...

Do you have any evidence that the fake Jesus mentioned in the OP has forced anybody to accept his claims? Is it not our responsibility to search out a matter? Can God rightfully judge these people who have received the fake Jesus, if they only did it out of ignorance? Can they be held accountable to God for such actions?

jeremiah

Post by jeremiah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 pm

hey what's up brody,
brody196 wrote:Do you have any evidence that the fake Jesus mentioned in the OP has forced anybody to accept his claims? Is it not our responsibility to search out a matter?
i really think you're misreading me. if you'll look back at when i first chimed in, you'll see i was happy to concede their willful subjection. when i asked how you could know whether the followers made a conscious decision to follow a different christ. i didn't not mean to imply that since you can't, therefore they are being forced to accept his claims. what i was trying to make clear is how as far as their minds are concerned, he is not a different jesus.
to extrapolate that to their standing before God on the last day, or can they be held accountable, is going far beyond what i had in mind. for me this was never a question of whether innocence was in the macro sense before God in judgement. but a question of extending compassion to the spiritually deceived.
grace and peace...
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:04 am

jeremiah wrote:hey what's up brody,
brody196 wrote:Do you have any evidence that the fake Jesus mentioned in the OP has forced anybody to accept his claims? Is it not our responsibility to search out a matter?
i really think you're misreading me. if you'll look back at when i first chimed in, you'll see i was happy to concede their willful subjection. when i asked how you could know whether the followers made a conscious decision to follow a different christ. i didn't not mean to imply that since you can't, therefore they are being forced to accept his claims. what i was trying to make clear is how as far as their minds are concerned, he is not a different jesus.
to extrapolate that to their standing before God on the last day, or can they be held accountable, is going far beyond what i had in mind. for me this was never a question of whether innocence was in the macro sense before God in judgement. but a question of extending compassion to the spiritually deceived.
grace and peace...
Hey Brother,

I'm not sure you guys are understanding my position. First, let me paint the picture for you so things can be a little clearer. I have compassion for all lost people, whether they are in a cult, or just a regular guy with no religious affiliation. Second, it's not that I stand back and laugh myself silly whenever I see someone involved in a cult. I just happen to find this case a little funny, as the fake Jesus in the OP is about as looney as they come. So please don't misunderstand me, as I do not want to come off as one who has no compassion.

Finally, I gotta be frank...Some Christian's that I have met seem to be outta touch. It seems that everything to them is a "life or death" matter and to that, I just can't relate. The truth is, I love to laugh! I find a little humor in a lot of things. So I hope this helps you guys understand things a little better.

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:48 am

I never found the video 'humorous' at all; I only wanted to attach 'something' under the headline. It certainly is 'shocking' that people would believe something so obvious false (Evolution for example, or the assumption of Mary) and I know non-christians laugh at everything we Christians do at times, that’s fair, but I posted the thread 'headline' as April fools day humor, but I really did not add the 'video' as humor. I simply realized I needed to put 'something' on the blank page, so I remembered having seen evening news broadcasts for 'Jesus returns' on YouTube, so I typed that in, and this guy popped up (Although I have seen him before) and I attached it. I really had no feeling of humor over the 'content' of the video only the 'headline' itself. So there.

Christians, other religions and everyone do things that are so downright ridiculous as to be humorous, it can't be helped. 'Everything' that is not Holy leads to eternal death, but humor is not a sin. When a car thief crashes, or when a robbery goes wrong and a bad guy slips and falls on his head it might be funny, you can't help it.

I 'did' feel the video was relevant to the other thread (The church service) but I wasn't expecting any relation be drawn.
(And why has the thread 'The Church service' gone to member only viewing?? I have friends who are not registered who can't read it)

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 am

And since the point has been made, I agree people do accept stupid stuff as truth, why?
Are they stupid, no not necessarily. But some people 'accept' blatant falsehood, why?
Because they do not love the truth, they don’t want to hear the truth, and maybe they can't handle the truth;

I have spend a lot of time evangelizing Mormons, and I have found they are no different than any other non-believer when it comes to truth, most every non-believer has nearly the same hang-up; they don’t believe.
People always try to skirt around what the Bible (God) says on certain issues, and they find cults, isms, other religions and philosophies comforting because everything other than 'biblical' Christianity allows them to feel they are right about themselves as long as they are a part of this other group.
People start groups because they do not accept what the Bible says (i.e. Joseph Smith, Rutherford, Mary Baker, Mohammed, even Catholicism developed due to adherence to their own extra biblical system, rather than the Bible)

(I wrote the above previously under the thread 'Primary Doctrines Versus Secondary Doctrines' on Tue Feb 07, 2012)

All this shows how dangerous it is to 'circle around' one mans teaching or ministry, whether it's your local pastor, a guy on TV, Charles Rutherford, Joe Smith, the Pope, whoever, most cult leaders begin rather orthodox, then after gaining a following they then veer off the other direction taking all 'their' followers with them into the ditch, because they were not following Christ, nor the love of the truth.
I think God is allowing man to prove and demonstrate how foolish we are as humans, and how easily men are duped, and I may add often willingly. Ignorance is a willful act, when so much evidence and ample time is afforded to man, he still sits in front of the TV every evening and never attempts to find out what the bible on the shelf says.
Some people want the truth and seek it, but many people I witness with fight it, turn their head, and literally cover their ears. It's not funny, it's not everyone, but it is 'often'.

The ultimate fools day will be judgment day, when many will say "what a fool I have been" not to believe God, when it was so obvious. I saw a boy wearing this shirt in Salt Lake City; 'I'm a fool for Christ, who's fool are you?' I want that shirt.
Last edited by jriccitelli on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

jeremiah

Post by jeremiah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:59 am

good morning brody,
i hope you and i can learn to communicate better in the future, but for now it seems fruitless. I don't blame you for it, i don't have enough fingers to count how many times a month people i love misunderstand my words. so i'll just say this and bow out of this thread.

i said "extending" compassion, not "having" compassion. if i thought you were void of compassion for the lost or people in general, i would have started out saying something to effect of repent. but i didn't, i said "i don't think anybody's heart (in this thread) is bad in this"...hoping to make clear i wasn't typing with a scowl on my face, thinking y'all were cold and disconnected from humanity. i too love to laugh and find humor in a lot of things. admittedly, in the beginning of the video, i was thinking, "what a joker", but by the end of it i could not. the only reason i chimed in to begin with was i thought the reason you gave for this not being a form of spiritual tyranny was not a good reason, in that your conclusion did not follow from their willful subjection.

then i tried to make sure you knew i wasn't calling into to question your decency as a disciple, nor questioning the motives of your heart. in other words, everything you said in your above post, i read and thought, well yeah, that's what i figured.
grace and peace...

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Brody wrote:Deceived they are, but were they forced to become followers of a false Christ??? Nope. Whatever the reason was, are we to assume that no humor can be found in this situation?
This is the crux of our difference. Whatever the reason, I find absolutely no humor in someone becoming a follower of a false Christ.
Brody wrote:but in this case, it is as clear as day for those who can read plain English. Matthew 24: "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.
Brody you’re just wrong here. What’s clear as day to you is not clear as day to everyone. That’s what deception is.
Brody wrote: you and I both know that men and women often make choices that ruin their lives all the while knowing full well the consequences of such actions.
We sure do... I just don’t find it funny.
Brody wrote:do you believe that every person is an innocent victim?
I’ve already allowed this, and I’m not sure why you want me to re-affirm it, but I will. No, I don’t believe every person is an innocent victim.
Brody wrote:I am sure that you have read 1 King's 18, where Elijah even had to mock the stupidity of false religions. Do you think he was out of line?
Probably he wasn’t out of line. I don’t find his mocking [v27] particularly funny. Maybe you find in verse 28 as another occasion to get your jollies. I don’t.
Brody wrote:I am not here to change your mind on that brother
You said I was being too sensitive. Maybe, in some cases. Maybe in this case. I can only infer that you think I should be more insensitive. What do you think it means to have a circumcised heart?

Speaking of sensitive, and, hopefully, to show that I’m not without humor, and that I’m certainly willing to laugh at myself...

here’s my brand of humor.

TK

Post by TK » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm

I certainly agree with your brand of humor Perry- I am a MAJOR fan of the AGS.

TK

jeremiah

Post by jeremiah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Perry wrote:Maybe you find in verse 28 as another occasion to get your jollies. I don’t.
perry, come on brother, that doesn't help...but the barney link was hilarious. i busted my gut when he retorted, "thats spirit, i'm a spirited person.."
grace and peace is with us...

Return to “Announcements”