Christ is back He is here!!!!!! Wakeup!!!!!

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Perry

Re: Christ is back He is here!!!!!! Wakeup!!!!!

Post by Perry » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:35 pm

jeremiah wrote: come on brother, that doesn't help...
It was Brody who brought up that passage. I was only trying to show, albeit perhaps a bit too harshly, that I don't see it as a proof text for his position. In a different context, this is a practice that my sister has engaged in. There are many scars on her arms. There's nothing funny about it.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Perry,

You are obviously emotionally involved in this subject, so to not risk further offense to you, I am getting raptured from this thread before the tribulation begins..

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Andy is more of the intercessor to Barney playing the fool. Gotta love them both.

Here is one who seems to be doing more than getting money and cars from people - scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2Oa4Oi ... re=related
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:30 pm

brody196 wrote: so to not risk further offense to you,
You haven't offended me. No one here has. Didn't you understand the point of the Barney clip?

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 am

Jepne wrote:
....Here is one who seems to be doing more than getting money and cars from people - scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2Oa4Oi ... re=related
Wow. I missed seeing this program on air. That is really disturbing. Awful! I can't work out whether this guy is actually deluded himself, or a con-man. I veer toward con-man & would love to see that smile wiped off his face. But for his followers - tragic. If only they checked his teaching against the bible!

I'm sure the reasons for people to be so deceived can be complex, but surely for some of them it's just itching ears - e.g. how comforting, if one is in an unsatisfactory marriage, to be told by no less a person than Jesus that you probably didn't marry your soul-mate to start with, so you have an out. 'It's all about love, you know'.
Scary is right.
Suzana

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:30 am

I watched the programme, Suzana. A strong possibility is that he isn`t a con-man but that he really has had these visions of being Jesus in first century Palestine. And his "natural man" has gone on to build a whole theology around it, or rather, around himself. It would explain why the interviewer`s approach is water off a duck`s back to him. Of course the interviewer can`t say to him (even if his world view allowed for it), "don`t you think you`ve been deceived by lying spirits", because he`s on the telly in front of the world.
It would a very clever devilish tactic because it makes a mockery of the Christian faith. The subliminal message to the outside world is, "this man`s a looney, and therefore so was Jesus and all his followers ever since".

Perry

Post by Perry » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:45 am

It certainly looked like some of the spasmodic reactions of his followers may have been an indicator of some unclean spirits at work. Admittedly, I'm not experienced when it comes to unclean spirits. I hope those people can be delivered from this deception.

I wonder what we could do to help them.

TK

Post by TK » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Would Jesus have needed glasses? Never thought about that.

Again, this guy is so ridiculous it is hard for me to comprehend how people fall for it. He is recommending divorce, for goodness sake.

TK

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:33 pm

"I can't work out whether this guy is actually deluded himself, or a con-man. I veer toward con-man & would love to see that smile wiped off his face. But for his followers - tragic."

It's all coming back to me - and it feels so strange to say this - when I was doing a lot of 'head' drugs, I was reading a lot of occult books - psychics, all that sort of thing - and they were speaking of a messiah coming and I was sure that that messiah was going to be born of me - can you believe it? that anyone would be so deluded? So glad I met Jesus instead. If it wasn't for Him anyone of us could be in that mess.

Yes, that smile makes me think of Kool-aid. The interviewer seemed really freaked out by him, huh. Thank you Lord, for saving us from deceivers!
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:18 am

Jepne wrote: So glad I met Jesus instead. If it wasn't for Him anyone of us could be in that mess.
Thank you Lord, for saving us from deceivers!
Amen to that.
Suzana

Return to “Announcements”