celebrate your freedom from oppressive big government!

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
jriccitelli

celebrate your freedom from oppressive big government!

Post by jriccitelli » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 am

Its time once again to celebrate our freedom from oppressive big governments and high taxes, or maybe its time once again, to fight for freedom from big government and high taxes. Well for today I will take the opportunity to shoot off the $23 pack of fireworks I bought out of town, remember when fireworks are outlawed only outlaws will own fireworks.

brody196

Re: celebrate your freedom from oppressive big government!

Post by brody196 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Ron Paul 2012!

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm afraid that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for the current administration.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:19 am

Jepne wrote:I'm afraid that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for the current administration.
So is a vote Mitt Romney.

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:54 am

I agree with you, Brody.

Observations:

1) For many decades now, the collectivists have been banking on the hope that good conservatives will continue to vote for the lesser of two evils. And every election, as they laugh all the way to the bank, we're left with evil in high places.

2) Voting your conscience is never a wasted vote.

3) While Christians do have a degree of political responsibility, advancing God's kingdom trumps politics.

4) Someone has said, "You get the kind of government you deserve." Proverbs 28:2 says, "For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof...."

brody196

Post by brody196 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 am

Candlepower wrote:I agree with you, Brody.

Observations:

1) For many decades now, the collectivists have been banking on the hope that good conservatives will continue to vote for the lesser of two evils. And every election, as they laugh all the way to the bank, we're left with evil in high places.

2) Voting your conscience is never a wasted vote.

3) While Christians do have a degree of political responsibility, advancing God's kingdom trumps politics.

4) Someone has said, "You get the kind of government you deserve." Proverbs 28:2 says, "For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof...."

Very well said.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Maybe I am a pessimist, but I don't foresee the American government being purged of evil -- even in just the "high places." That being said, I tend to vote for the conservative that I think will win an election; even if I don't agree with some/most of their beliefs. One of the most important things to me are leaders that want less regulation, less taxes, less government interference, and do not want to impose their beliefs on my life (even if they are Christian). But, that is just my conscience, as Candlepower stated.

Return to “Announcements”