Radio archive for August?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
brody196

Radio archive for August?

Post by brody196 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 am

Is it going to be posted?

-Brody

jarrod

Re: Radio archive for August?

Post by jarrod » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 am

Brody,

Until they are, I do my own recordings every afternoon that are available ~15 minutes after the show:

http://theos.org/media/category/134/

Jarrod

brody196

Post by brody196 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Jarrod.....I LOVE YOU MAN!

Thanks!

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am

Jarrod,

Any chance you'd consider going back to 16kbps? 128kbps makes 56MB files, which are big enough to be inconvenient even for many on broadband, and way beyond impossible on dialup. There's no need, or even advantage, for 128kbps for speech -- all it does is make the files big enough to be difficult or impossible for some to download. I don't know if Steve pays for bandwidth use, but if so, of course it also increases his hosting costs.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 am

Good suggestion. I decreased it to 48k and I will try to work my way down. When I was using the 16k bitrate sometimes I couldn't even hear steve speaking when I was driving down the highway with my phone and radio volume cranked to 100%. When I first went to 128k I could hear *everything* so I just left it that way since I don't care about the space / bandwidth, but I didn't think about the file sizes being too large for others. I tried yesterday @ 48k and it cut the file size in half and I could still hear it well on my drive home so I'll try to take it down another notch.
backwoodsman wrote:
Jarrod,

Any chance you'd consider going back to 16kbps? 128kbps makes 56MB files, which are big enough to be inconvenient even for many on broadband, and way beyond impossible on dialup. There's no need, or even advantage, for 128kbps for speech -- all it does is make the files big enough to be difficult or impossible for some to download. I don't know if Steve pays for bandwidth use, but if so, of course it also increases his hosting costs.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks.

Bitrate and volume are not related, so the low volume wasn't because of the 16k bitrate. Check the volume setting in whatever software you're using to record.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:37 pm

I am using ffmpeg, but I'll try 16k again and listen to it on the way home. Thanks!
backwoodsman wrote:Thanks.

Bitrate and volume are not related, so the low volume wasn't because of the 16k bitrate. Check the volume setting in whatever software you're using to record.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:23 am

jarrod wrote:I am using ffmpeg, but I'll try 16k again and listen to it on the way home. Thanks!
backwoodsmen, I just remembered this post.

The lower bitrate has 0 effect on the volume (it sounds great) and the smaller file sizes are a bit easier for streaming :)

Thanks for your help, Jarrod

Return to “Announcements”