LOGON Question

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Paidion

LOGON Question

Post by Paidion » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Recently, within the last two weeks, I have had to logon to the forum each and every time I come here, notwithstanding the fact that I check the "keep me logged on" box.
Also, I have checked my cookies and find the theos.org cookie is present.
Is this happening to anyone else?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve

Re: LOGON Question

Post by steve » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 pm

It has happened to me from time to time, but it is not happening currently. I can't offer any insight, only empathy.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 pm

It is still happening to me constantly. Each time and every time I try to go to the forum, I must logon. At the time this began to happen, the same thing occurred when I attempted to go to another forum which (I think) employs a similar or identical host program to operate it.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

jeremiah

Post by jeremiah » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:33 pm

hello paidion,

you might try installing a different web browser, or re installing the one you're using. it's not happening to me, but i stay as a guest unless i post something.

jeremiah
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:18 am

I haven't had this problem.
Paidion wrote:
At the time this began to happen, the same thing occurred when I attempted to go to another forum which (I think) employs a similar or identical host program to operate it.
That's interesting.

Here's a phpBB article (over a year old) which claims to address "problems with staying logged in in [sic] your board": https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/fixing ... -settings/

It could be that this or the other site's cookie settings are incorrect or otherwise unusual, I guess, if it's not an issue with your browser.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks for your suggestions, Folks. But it's my own fault. Somehow, I had set my browser Firefox to "Keep cookies until I close Firefox" instead of "Keep cookies until they expire" or "Ask me every time."

When I got that right, the problem was solved!
Paidion

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Most excellent detective work, Paidon. /Jarrod
Paidion wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, Folks. But it's my own fault. Somehow, I had set my browser Firefox to "Keep cookies until I close Firefox" instead of "Keep cookies until they expire" or "Ask me every time."

When I got that right, the problem was solved!

Return to “Announcements”