To Admin: How's about getting RefTagger?

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
RickC

To Admin: How's about getting RefTagger?

Post by RickC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:26 am

I'd imagine just about anyone who studies the Bible online has seen RefTagger (Bible Reference Tagger) in action. For those who haven't, it's just a little box that automatically opens up verses that are typed (John 1:1, e.g.) when you hover over it. The RefTagger site says it can be used on phpBB forums like Theos.org. I clicked RefTagger's link for a How-To (for phpBB) but didn't see anything.

I just put RefTagger on a blog I've had since 2007, but have never really used, LOL :| It's a Blogger blog.

Actually, I made a Wordpress.com blog a while back. But since it wouldn't support RefTagger I no longer have it.

It was relatively easy to copy & paste RefTagger on Blogger (in CSS). So are any of y'all Admins geeky enuf to give it a shot here? And, of course, using Steve's preferred version (NKJV), mine too!

Other than this, I think they may have a tool to where users can select which version they want. But I'm not sure if it would work here (coz it's a widget).

Just an idea & God bless! :)

morbo3000

Re: To Admin: How's about getting RefTagger?

Post by morbo3000 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am

Rick!

That's awesome! So glad you shared. My blog is powered by wordpress, and there is a plugin for it. Can't wait to implement it.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

RickC

Post by RickC » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 am

Morbo,

If you have Wordpress.org, RefTagger will work: but it won't on Wordpress.com.

Since I first started my Blogger (blogspot) blog and recently went back to hack it, so to speak, they've come up with new templates that are much better than before. Wordpress is still better, but Blogger meets my needs, speshly since I don't even really use it, LOL :D

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 pm

RickC wrote: ...but Blogger meets my needs, speshly since I don't even really use it, LOL :D
Chuckle. Better than mine.. my host seems to not take kindly when I don't pay on time, and as a result, my sites are currently down. That doesn't happen with a free service like wordpress.com or blogger.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Return to “Announcements”