Hell book complete

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
steve

Hell book complete

Post by steve » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:41 pm

My book on the three views of hell is now complete and going to the publishers. It should trim out at around 300 pages, unless the publishers make significant cuts. I don't know how many changes they may suggest before it is in its final form, but, if things go with them as they went with the Revelation book, there may not be much requiring revision.

I believe that the Revised Revelation book is supposed to come out in June. I have not heard a release date for the hell book, but I expect it to be in the fall. The title is still being negotiated.

As in the Revelation book, this one also depends very heavily on quotes from many authorities (primarily to keep my opinions out of the limelight). I cited our own mattrose (Matthew Rose) more than once among the scholars, so he will now have his name in print with a major publisher. Hopefully, we will be seeing his books soon!

Candlepower

Re: Hell book complete

Post by Candlepower » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 pm

The subject of this book is certainly gaining interest, it seems to me. For generations, multitudes of believers (including me) have been bumping around in the fog about this important doctrine (thanks to both the ignorant speculations and the stale "traditions of men" that pass for Biblical doctrines). This topic has needed an author who is a scholar unfettered by denominational dictates and obligated only to the truth. So, I eagerly anticipate a breath of fresh air and a clear light on hell. Wow, does the Church need this!

john6809

Post by john6809 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 am

That's great news, Steve. Wish I could get a copy of it before the publishers make changes.
"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior." - John Newton

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 am

Excellent and congratulations! I pray that the publishing process will be smooth and quick and that the book will bless and edify.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

PR

Post by PR » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 am

Steve, will they be available on Kindle?

Thanks

Phil

steve

Post by steve » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 am

I don't know. I suppose that will be up to the publisher. I hope so.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Hopefully will make it to the NY Times best seller list.

Maybe it can be called "What you always wanted to know about Hell but were afraid to ask."

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm glad to hear it will be coming out fairly soon. I'll admit, though, that it'll be sorta weird seeing my name referenced in there, haha

I was disappointed a couple weeks ago when Greg Boyd mentioned his book "The Crucifixion of the Warrior God" won't be out for like another year. I had been hoping it could be some of my summer reading. I think NT Wright's 4th volume is coming out soon too. Should be a good next 12 months for Christian books!

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 pm

mattrose wrote:I'm glad to hear it will be coming out fairly soon. I'll admit, though, that it'll be sorta weird seeing my name referenced in there, haha

I was disappointed a couple weeks ago when Greg Boyd mentioned his book "The Crucifixion of the Warrior God" won't be out for like another year. I had been hoping it could be some of my summer reading. I think NT Wright's 4th volume is coming out soon too. Should be a good next 12 months for Christian books!
Is that his "big book on Paul" we've been waiting for? Both sound good -- I assume Boyd's book is on the atonement? Steve, that might be another "x views" book for you -- Atonement: Four Views... I can hardly wait!

Is this book in the same general format as the Revelation book? parallel commentary? I sure enjoy your extended prose when supporting a particular view you actually hold and would love to see a book-length treatment of a particular subject (you, too, Matt!) or a series of full length topical articles on a variety of subjects (maybe a "stuff you thought you knew" sort of book).

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:20 am

darinhouston wrote:Is that his "big book on Paul" we've been waiting for?
Yes, I think it is due out soon
I assume Boyd's book is on the atonement?
Actually, no. It is an attempt to reconcile the violence of the Old Testament God with picture of God we have in Jesus Christ.

Return to “Announcements”