Hell book complete

Information regarding The Narrow Path Ministries.
Paidion

Re: Hell book complete

Post by Paidion » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 pm

John 6809 wrote:I just got a notification from CBD - Steve's new book has been shipped. Looking forward to receiving it in the next few days.
I am puzzled.

Amazon says that the printed book, and even the Kindle edition won't be released until tomorrow (November 5).
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

john6809

Post by john6809 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 pm

I don't know, Paidion. I just re-checked that email from CBD and they showed a shipping date of November 1.
"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior." - John Newton

steve

Post by steve » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Someone I saw on the weekend said their copy from Amazon had just been delivered...that was two or three days ago. Go figure.

steve

Post by steve » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:56 am

Okay, the book is out. Those of youwho have read it can now post reviews on Amazon, if you are so inclined.

darinhouston

Hell book complete

Post by darinhouston » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:51 am

I feel like Steve Martin with the new phone book. Now if only I didn't have work today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:07 am

I have just downloaded the book to my kindle.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 pm

My copy arrived today.

I actually have been sort of putting together my own "book" about the subject, although it's mostly just lists of verses. I'm eager to compare it to a (presumably) more in depth review of the views. I suppose that there are many "hell" books out there, but I have never read any.

Here goes.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi Singalphile,

You might consider checking out Edward Fudge's "The Fire that Consumes"; it is a treatment of hell from a non "orthodox" perspective, with an introduction written by FF Bruce nonetheless.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:29 pm

My doorbell just rang and it was my copy of the new book!

Now I just want a chance to get this copy signed like my original Revelation: 4 views book ;)

Jarrod

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:39 pm

I've begun reading the book on my kindle. I am amazed at the extensive research you have done, Steve!

The following is no criticism. It's just something I thought you might like to know.
You wrote:A third view championed by the apocryphal book of Judith, insisted that the totally wicked would burn forever in torment, though the word Gehenna is not used there (Judith xvi. 17)
Here is the quote from Judith:

Woe to the nations that rise up against my people: The Lord Almighty will punish them on the day of judgment; He will give them over to fire and worms in their flesh; in pain they shall weep forever.
(Judith 16:17 Orthodox Study Bible)

I looked up the words translated as "forever" in the Greek septuagint and found that the words are ἑως αἰωνος ( heōs aiōnos) which means "until the age".

ἑως is nearly always translated as "until" in the New Testament. For example:

But knew her not until she had given birth to a son... (Matthew 1:25 ESV)

So the Judith passage seems to say "In pain they shall weep until the age." It doesn't say what will happen to them DURING (or after) the age.
Paidion

Return to “Announcements”