O.S.A.S.

Singalphile

Re: O.S.A.S.

Post by Singalphile » Mon May 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Hmm.. Thanks for the thoughts.

I'm not sure I get what the foreknowledge of sins has to do with it, but that's okay.

:)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

psimmond

Post by psimmond » Mon May 26, 2014 4:32 pm

dwilkins wrote: It might be that some four point Calvinists think this is true, but this is the reason the five point Calvinists roll their eyes at them. It's incoherent. If everyone's sins were forgiven through PSA then on what grounds do you send any of them to hell?
This is what millions of Arminians believe so why is it incoherent for 4-pt Calvinist to believe it? Both Arminians and Calvinists say that even though Christ died as a payment for sins 2000 yrs ago, forgiveness and justification comes to an individual upon regeneration following God's prevenient grace.
Let me boldly state the obvious. If you are not sure whether you heard directly from God, you didn’t.
~Garry Friesen

psimmond

Post by psimmond » Mon May 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Singalphile wrote: I'm not sure I get what the foreknowledge of sins has to do with it, but that's okay.
With the exception of Open Theists, I believe many or most Christians would say God's perfect knowledge of every sin that would ever be committed enabled Christ to die for every specific sin. He didn't just die for sins; he died for "our sins."
Let me boldly state the obvious. If you are not sure whether you heard directly from God, you didn’t.
~Garry Friesen

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Tue May 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Judas might have lost his salvation but if Universal Reconciliation is True then in the end Judas will still be save.

Return to “Calvinism, Arminianism & Open Theism”