A list of books questioning Calvinism and Reformed theology

_Anonymous

A list of books questioning Calvinism and Reformed theology

Post by _Anonymous » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:24 pm

??? Please post as many as you know of questioning Calvinism and Reformed theology.

SoaringEagle
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:48 pm

SoaringEagle wrote:??? Please post as many as you know of questioning Calvinism and Reformed theology.

SoaringEagle
I don't have a list, but off the top of my head (and a quick search on Amazon.com):

-Elect in the Son & Life in the Son by Robert Shank
-Chosen but Free by Norman Geisler
-Grace, Faith, Free Will: Contrasting Views of Salvation: Calvinism and Arminianism by Robert E. Picirilli
-Debating Calvinism : Five Points, Two Views by Dave Hunt & James White
-Why I Am Not a Calvinist by Jerry L. Walls & Joseph Dongell
-The Dark Side of Calvinism: A Biblically-Based Examination, Evaluation, and Refutation of the Reformed Doctrine of Redemption and Reprobation by George Bryson
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_JJB

Post by _JJB » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:05 pm

It might be helpful first to have a better view of reformed doctrine rather than limiting your reading to books that refute it. I've seen reformed doctrine maligned particularly when it is misunderstood.

I recommend starting with www.monergism.com

The box on the left has a plethora of articles that would help anyone understand reformed theology.

If you have a heart for the muslims, you gotta study up on their beliefs before you witness to them. They won't believe a word you say if you prove yourself unstudied in their faith.

Same with reformed folk. If you say something that shows you don't know what you're talking about, we will either point out your error or chalk you up as just another person that doesn't fully grasp what reformed theology is.
Reason:
Aole Opala No

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:04 pm

What, is that websight the "goliath of Calvinism" or something. Every reformed christian after being refuted on their "points" go hide behind the dude Jimmy and his websight. The sad thing is is that after being refuted on some of his stuff, he remains unwilling to repent of his bad theology and keeps the sight up.

Anyways, I have been there, and plan to one day do a critique of his calvinistic material. Thanks though JJB.

SoaringEagle
Reason:

_MarkO

Books on Calvinism

Post by _MarkO » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:12 pm

If you desire looking at some material that approaches the extent of the atonement from a Biblical perspective, check out the following:

"The Death Christ Died" by Robert Lightner
"Did Christ Die Only for the Elect?" by N.F. Douty.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:52 pm

What would these writers consider to be the "biblical perspective" my friend? Just curious.

SoaringEagle
Reason:

_JJB

Post by _JJB » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:50 pm

SoaringEagle wrote:What, is that websight the "goliath of Calvinism" or something. Every reformed christian after being refuted on their "points" go hide behind the dude Jimmy and his websight. The sad thing is is that after being refuted on some of his stuff, he remains unwilling to repent of his bad theology and keeps the sight up.

Anyways, I have been there, and plan to one day do a critique of his calvinistic material. Thanks though JJB.

SoaringEagle
huh? I don't know who Jimmy is.

All that website is is a compilation of reformed writings.
Reason:
Aole Opala No

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:56 pm

Maybe I am mistaken that the creator of the websight is that guy Jimmy Hendrix. Anyways, yes your right it is a compilation of many articles on the reformed view. Thanks for the correction JJB.
Love you bro.
SoaringEagle
Reason:

_JJB

Post by _JJB » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 am

SoaringEagle wrote:Maybe I am mistaken that the creator of the websight is that guy Jimmy Hendrix. Anyways, yes your right it is a compilation of many articles on the reformed view. Thanks for the correction JJB.
Love you bro.
SoaringEagle
You're welcome, my friend. btw, I'm a sis. :lol:
Reason:
Aole Opala No

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:01 pm

Oh, ok sis. :oops:
Reason:

Return to “Calvinism, Arminianism & Open Theism”