Hell, eternal punishment... and literal flames?

_TK

Post by _TK » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:19 pm

Careful there, Dexter.

I assure you that Paidion believes in the Bible. You are fairly new to this forum, and i can tell that you are reading some ideas that are very new to you. they were new to me several months ago as well. i learned fairly quickly that Paidion, and mostly everybody here, believes the Bible. Interpretation is another matter. There are people here who are extremely knowledgeable, not to mention smart. You are going to be challenged here, like I have.

but dont say things like "do you believe the Bible." you can say "prove what you are saying," and i almost guarantee you will get a convincing answer. whether you accept the answer vs. your own understanding is up to you. that's what growing in the faith is all about.

TK
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_dexter

Post by _dexter » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:39 pm

TK wrote:Careful there, Dexter. TK
I can I assure you that my question was simple and straightforward with love. Actually anybody can interpret my question in anyway they like for there is no expression in my question.
TK wrote:There are people here who are extremely knowledgeable, not to mention smart. You are going to be challenged here, like I have.TK
I don't need to be challenge for I'm not smart.
TK wrote:but dont say things like "do you believe the Bible."
I apologize if my question seems to be offensive to others but I think my question is simple and straightforward again I'm deeply sorry to all. I hope I have not disturbed the stability of electrons in this forum.
TK wrote:you can say "prove what you are saying," and i almost guarantee you will get a convincing answer.
TK
Perhaps I need to deviate from asking straightforward questions.

I truly appreciate the tips you have given me for I'm an amature in posting questions in the forum.
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:06 pm

The Spirit and the bride say, Come and let him who hears say, Come. WHOEVER is thirsty, let him come ,and WHOEVER wishes ,let him take the free gift of the water of life." Rev 22.17

By the way the "Spirit" refers to the Holy Spirit and the Bride is the Church. The invitation is now and not after the lake of fire.

Dexter, On this issue i wholeheartedly agree with Paidion and i can assure you we both believe in the bible even more then in a theology that was originated by the Roman Catholic Church.
Rev 22.17 is five verses before the end of the bible therefore IMHO it is a call for every human in or out of the lake of fire. Btw i suspect well over 90% of humanity will end up in the LOF so if you chose to believe that God will eternally punish or separate them , be my guest if that's how you see it.

This is how i see it
"we have put our hope in the living God , who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe." 1 Tim 4.10

Savior of all men----through the lake of fire
especially those who believe-----firstfruits who avoid LOF
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:21 pm

Hey Dexter--

i didnt mean to come across like a jerk. Sorry about that. I can tell that you are reading some strange things on here and wondering "what in the world?" believe me, i can sympathize. but hang in there and you'll learn a lot, just like i have. even if you dont agree with what you learn, you now know how some other Christians view things.

i came from a very fundamental dispensational background and over the past few years my views have changed substantially. is that because i am being swayed by good debaters? sort of, but not really- what happens is that my curiousity is peaked, and i study further.

this issue about hell is a new one for me. i didnt even realize evangelicals held different views about hell until fairly recently. i assumed all evangelicals (and RCs for that matter) believed in an eternal hell of torment. now i am begining to wonder about this.

Look under the "Misc Theological Topics" section, find the topic "alternative views of hell." there are pages and pages of discussion there but Steve G's summary in his first couple of posts are good for starters.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_dexter

Post by _dexter » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:03 am

Thanks TK
Reason:

Return to “Views of Hell”