Brief Story: How One Non-Universalist Guy Tells About Jesus

_Rick_C

Brief Story: How One Non-Universalist Guy Tells About Jesus

Post by _Rick_C » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:58 am

Copyright, 2007, What The Bible SED Is What It Still SEZ, Inc.
all rights reserved sometimes, but outgoing mostly
don't read the FINE PRINT or between the lines

Chapter 1
I've been getting an impression some folks on the forum think I go around all the time telling people where they're "gonna go". Like I'm an OT Prophet railing the judgment of God down on everyone or something like that. Well, I'm not like that. I'm really not.

Chapter 2
I regularly talk about the Lord with believers and non-believers alike, at work, at the store, kids playing soccer, the mailman, all the time, whenever I can, everywhere I go. It doesn't matter to me; I'll holler "Praise the Lord!" really loud if bang my thumb with a hammer (it happened at work and, Oh yeah, they sure heard me awright! :lol:). I'll use anything for an excuse to be a witness! 'I just don't feel right' if a day goes by and I don't say at least something about His greatness. I'm a God-O-Holic...and just can't seem to shake Him off. Not that I want to tho.

Chapter 3
The last time I talked about "hell" with someone was about three months ago. A co-worker and I worked together in a secluded area of the factory and had the opportunity to talk a fair amount and still get our job done, np. He asked me, "How bad does a person have to be to not go to hell?" I asked him how good he thought a person has to be to go? He didn't know. Then I asked him why he asked, if he was afraid he might go there. He wasn't sure.

Chapter 4
Over the next few weeks, I came to believe he was a Christian, though backslidden, and told him so. Why? He had talked about how he used to go to church several years ago, was a youth leader, but "got away from it" due to several very bad problems in his family, he didn't handle them right. One day he told me some of the bad things. I said I have to go to the bathroom and will be right back. I went in there and cried and said a prayer for him. I'm a Wimp For Jesus and ain't ashamed to say so....

Chapter 5
After a few weeks went by, one day he told me that since we met he had been discussing the Bible with his family for the first time in about 6 years and thanked me for the talks we had had. I said, Yer Welcome but I probably enjoyed it a lot more than he did! then thanked him back. He told me several things he'd changed in his life (stopped some pretty bad sinning I won't mention). God exists....inside factories.

Chapter 6
From what all he had said, and had been saying as we went along, I could tell he wasn't telling me about his 'reforms' to try to 'defend' or justify himself (like how some people say, "I never murdered anyone," etc.) He was giving me his testimony and praising God! I told him that too! "I am?" he asked. Yes, you yam, I replied. Though he still had doubts he really was a Christian, I told him if he wasn't, he sure was on the right track! And that, maybe the next time he has about 100 questions about God and the Bible, why doesn't he read the Bible more and ask God some of this stuff? He said he'd never thought about going about it exactly like that. I said, sure! Just read the Bible and give God your next few questions and see what happens. He went to another shift so I haven't seen him much since.

Chapter 7
Every time I saw him (I got laid off recently) he'd give me an update on how things were going: Better and better all the time. So, anyway, just because I'm really against universalism...my name's not John, and I'm not a Revelator! If y'all were to be around when I witness to people...I think you'd be surprised at how I go about it.

Epilogue
"Hey buddy, you need a jump?"..."Yes I do"..."You got cables?"..."Yep, no problem."...(four minutes later)..."You may not believe this but I got a jump from God once"...(I get the weird look)..."Yes, Sir. He hotwired me right up and fixed this alcohol problem I had. Got my brains dried out, a brand new life, and found out you can put this stuff they call 'food' inside yer refrigerator!"

"Are you a Christian?".....O, GLORY TO GOD AND HIS CHRIST!!!

THE END
Last edited by _Rich on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_TK

Post by _TK » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:23 am

Awesome, Rick. Thx!

TK
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:12 am

Yep, that certainly is one way to go about Kingdom work. Excellent faithfulness on your part, Rick.
Reason:

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks, Bros TK & Allyn.

I try to sort of keep up with current events and the football scores and such so I can get in on talking about less weightier matters.

"If you think that Ohio State game had an awesome crowd---just wait till Jesus comes back!"

:wink:
Last edited by _Rich on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
“In Jesus Christ God ordained life for man, but death for himself” -- Karl Barth

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:57 am

Loved it Rick! 8)
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

_Rick_C

Post by _Rick_C » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:08 am

Thanx, Brother Sean, :)

"This past week in Annapolis, Maryland, President Bush participated in peace talks with leaders from Israel and the Palestinians. But the solution to the problem was given a long time ago by a King who was from that area too. His name is Jesus."

Praise His name forever & ever, Amen! Rick
Last edited by _Rich on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Views of Hell”