Hope as a legitimate reason to believe UR

TK

Re: Hope as a legitimate reason to believe UR

Post by TK » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 pm

I wanted to bump this classic post from days of yore.

TK

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Thank you for doing that - I had not seen it, but I remembered a piece Mort Coyle wrote along the same lines and had not forgotten the main idea of it - but do not know if I saved it. Perhaps someone else remembers where it might be. Thanks again.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

pat88

Post by pat88 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:56 pm

I, like most Christians want scripture truth far most, a few views on the same subject look like they can be scripture based, out of all I like the UR doctrine or I like the annihilated in hell doctrine, scripture seems to support a few views on hell, but the Annihilationism view feels me with some peace, Looking at verses that seems to teach this and looking at GOD and His character, Just , Loving, Forgiving, to me it seems to completely annihilate someone in hell as oppose to tormenting them for trillion upon trillions of years is more merciful, when I think the traditional view on hell might be true it make me feel sad, when I think Annihilationism or UR might be true, I feel joy for my love one and neighbors.

I suspect there is not one Christian that would prefer the eternal torment doctrine over the annihilation doctrine to be true, or one Christian that prefers the some saved doctrine over the UR all saved doctrine to be true.

Return to “Views of Hell”