Possible that aspects of CI and UR being merged together?

RICHinCHRIST

Possible that aspects of CI and UR being merged together?

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:54 am

My question is about whether the Conditional Immortality view and the Universal Reconciliation views can have some agreement in certain areas.

For instance, is it possible after the resurrection that God could eliminate certain sinners after inflicting a finite punishment , but yet still choose to reconcile other sinners (but not necessarily all)?

The reason I might conclude this is because there are some Scriptures I read that clearly do not speak of any kind of reconciliation for certain people (2 Peter 2:12, 2 Peter 2:17, 2 Thess 1:9).

However, there are no Scriptures that I know of that negate the possibility of reconciliation after physical death, with exception to the ones I previously mentioned, as well as ones that sound similar. Furthermore, there are some Scriptures used by Universalists that might indicate a future reconciliation for specific groups of people, although they are weak in my opinion (Ezek 16:53-55, Romans 11:15, Isaiah 25:6-8). In regards to the verses which point toward everyone being reconciled, is it possible that the everyone is referring to everyone after the non-negotiables are annihilated? Or is that too much of a stretch?

Any thoughts?
Last edited by RICHinCHRIST on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason

Re: Possible that aspects of CI and UR being merged together?

Post by Jason » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Rich, the view you've expressed here is the one I currently hold.

steve7150

Re: Possible that aspects of CI and UR being merged together?

Post by steve7150 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 pm

). In regards to the verses which point toward everyone being reconciled, is it possible that the everyone is referring to everyone after the non-negotiables are annihilated? Or is that too much of a stretch?

I think it's a rational, logical, merciful yet just view based on scripture and the charactor of God.

Return to “Views of Hell”