Steve Gregg and the views on Hell

Troy

Steve Gregg and the views on Hell

Post by Troy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:27 am

In light of Rob Bell and others coming out with books on hell, I recall Steve Gregg undertaking a project a couple years ago to write a book on the same subject. Anyone know of an update on where he is at in the project?

steve

Re: Steve Gregg and the views on Hell

Post by steve » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 am

Writing a book takes me years, given the low priority I am able to give to the project. It's not that I think it unimportant. I think it very important. However, I am giving the same information out on a regular basis over the air, in classes and through recorded lectures on the internet. The live teaching takes up so much of my time that I have not been able to set a block of time aside sufficient to complete the writing project. It is still in the works.

petermckenzie

Post by petermckenzie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 am

Hi Steve,

I had the privilege of sitting through a week of your teaching in 1988 at the YWAM base in Honolulu when my wife and I did an SOE. I still remember sitting around the living room in one of the houses with all the students as we asked you questions - you sitting in the big arm chair. At that time, I was a partial preterist (although I couldn't have told you that was what I was - I just knew what I believed) and since then have become an amillennialist (circa 1990) and in 2008 or so, I adopted a conditionalist belief as it pertains to eternal judgment. I listened to your 3 views on hell, and it seemed like you were leaning towards conditional immortality at that time - yet perhaps not fully decided. Just curious to know if you had come to any conclusive decisions lately?

Regards,

Peter

steve

Post by steve » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 am

It's good to hear from you. My view is similar today to the position I held in the lectures, though they were given several years ago. Since a publisher is now interested in my book on the subject, I will have more incentive to prioritize its completion.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Steve,

I add my voice to those who say that they'd be very eager to read your comprehensive treatment of the topic.

I think you are a Spirit-led person who can be insightful and objective. Your teaching has helped me to understand and enjoy the Bible, which has led me to walk more closely with God and live by the Spirit.

I am currently pretty sure about my view of hell, whereas you are not decided. On the other hand, you seem pretty sure about your view of eschatology and the book of Revelation, whereas I can only say that I lean partial preterist (aka, partial futurist). I'm sure you know more than me about both topics, and I have read your Rev 4 Views book.

So I'm not sure if your book about hell would make me more or less certain about its characteristics, but I'm sure it would be uniquely enlightening, either way.

Maybe next July, we'll find out! :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Views of Hell”