I Appreciate this Forum!

TK

I Appreciate this Forum!

Post by TK » Tue May 01, 2012 4:29 pm

I was visiting another forum (sermonindex.net) and there was a discussion regarding the orthodox Church's view of hell.

I attempted to post something that was critical of the traditional view, and here was the response I got from the moderator who removed the post:
Brother,

Simply we are a more biblical bible based site and the apostles did
not try to re-discuss all the teachings of Jesus or re-think them they
just preached them and believed them. We want to be of the same
Spirit.

Let's just join in with what Christians of all eras have believed and
serve the Lord to see lost souls come to Him.

Bless you my friend on your journey.
I havent felt so much like a kindergartner since, well, kindergarten.

I know we always dont agree here and sometimes disagree vehemently, but there is no censoring of ideas (unless someone gets vile). I appreciate that.

TK

brody196

Re: I Appreciate this Forum!

Post by brody196 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Wow!

In all seriousness, that does not surprise me in the least. We should all be grateful for this forum.

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 am

no one here finds you Theologisch Kindlich in the slightest, TK!
Last edited by Ian on Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 am, edited 7 times in total.

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 am

Ouch, TK, at least they wrote you a note, but condescension is really hard on the flesh - good for us, I suppose. There's a lot to be thankful for here.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Wed May 02, 2012 10:56 am

I've been trying to get TK flagged for a long time also, for having a good attitude! And I think all of the posters here are guilty of the same. I hope to abide by the same principle as that’s what attracted me to Steve's ministry. (And his approach to biblical exegesis)

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Wed May 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I was a regular poster on a popular Christian Bible-discussion message board last decade, but I eventually found myself posting less and less there because of all the censorship. I was routinely censored if I brought up other views of hell or critiqued messianic judaism in any way. They were open to partial preterism though.

The interesting part was, at one point, I was asked to be a moderator and agreed. I was able to look into some of the moderator archives and see them talking about me, haha

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I tried posting on Crosswalk & i tried to be "politically correct" like saying "there are other views" or the bible "may say" , nevertheless in order to stay i had to promise to not dispute the traditional view of hell.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 pm

not try to re-discuss all the teachings of Jesus or re-think them they

Is this a bad thing re-discussing and re-thinking? They could have left the prefix "re" out.

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed May 02, 2012 5:29 pm

steve7150 wrote:in order to stay i had to promise to not dispute the traditional view of hell.
:oops: :oops: Intellectual tyranny, it seems, is alive and well among professing Christians. :oops: :oops:

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed May 02, 2012 6:36 pm

That's a sad response to read but just goes to show you... using kind and brotherly language to condescend is still condescending. I'll try to remember how grating that can be when talking to others since I think I sometimes do that.

I had the fortune (and misfortune) of being raised by hippies. My parents were all too welcoming off free thought and experience (even to this day) so I never had to contend with feeling trapped in a religious mindset... until I started moving among Christian circles. Wow, what a change! Christians turned out to be some of the most petty, ignorant, standoffish people I've ever met. This used to bum me out a lot more than it does now because I've become convinced that it wasn't the mission of Jesus to start Christianity. The religion(s) that co-opted his name are simply that; another religion to add into the many. All of those religions hold Jesus in high regard, but I doubt he returns the favor... and that, I think, also goes for the religion named after him. How can we look at the mess that is the Christian religion and think otherwise?

So I've opted out of Christianity altogether. This presents its own set of problems, however, because when I speak to non-believers I have to explain that, yes, I believe in the Bible and Jesus... but I don't need a religion to do either of those things. And neither do they. But there's so much baggage associated with our movement that it gets in the way a lot of times. I'm starting to think the narrow path is still the narrow path. Maybe one day it will be wider.

Return to “Views of Hell”